View Full Version : Iowa Skaters!

quarkiki2
08-20-2007, 02:00 PM
OK. This is just a shamelss plug to see if there is any interest from our other Iowa skaters:

Our adult synchronized skating team, The Rhythm'n'Blades, is having a "come and try out synchro" night on August 29 at 7:30 at the Coral Ridge Ice Arena in the Coral Ridge Mall, Coralville. We've currently got membership of 9-10 skaters, but are always looking to add more! Our team is comprised of about 1/2 genuine new-to-skating-as-adults skaters and 1/2 skated-as-kids adults. We're not crazy competitive, but we try to improve our speed and difficulty every year.

If you come join us for the evening, there is no commitment to the team -- I promise! However, if you do join us, we practice weekly on Wednesday nights. We do the rink's Christmas show and generally compete two or three times in the spring.

Please feel free to PM me if you're interested!

Skittl1321
08-20-2007, 02:08 PM
I will definetly be there! (At 7:30? Good thing you posted- the rink brochure says 8:15, but I imagine that's only 'on ice' time- right?)

jskater49
08-20-2007, 02:24 PM
Well it's pretty far away but if had been any other night than Wednesday (that's pretty much church night around here) I might have given it a try.

Sigh. Someday I'm going to get a chance to try synchro!

j

quarkiki2
08-20-2007, 02:47 PM
Oops! Jessi -- it could very well be 8:15 on ice -- We're not working on chorepgraphy that night, so I can't imagine that we'd be doing off-ice -- 7:30 is for normal practices with off-ice -- sorry! Although, we may be doing an informational meeting at 7:30. I'll email our coach to find out.

I haven't been by the rink in a month (since I'm off the ice at the moment), so I haven't seen the brochure.