View Full Version : Share Your Fav. Songs That Get You Pumped

SynchroSk8r114
08-20-2007, 01:42 PM
I'm always looking for some new tunes to skate or warm-up to, so I was wondering what you all listen to to get motivated (genre, band, favorite songs, etc.)?

For me, it's usually anything by the Red Hot Chilli Peppers.

Morgail
08-20-2007, 03:06 PM
Okay, I'm a little embarrassed to admit this, but I love it when they play top 40 music at the rink. (Justin Timberlake has great songs to skate to :oops: ) I like to skate to anything with a good beat, and most of the pop songs out have one. I also like to skate to dance music, hip hop, and any kind of rock. Those kinds of music make me want to work hard and skate fast:)

Listenting to music at home or in the car, I'm mostly a hard rock girl.

blackmanskating
08-20-2007, 04:46 PM
Okay, I'm a little embarrassed to admit this, but I love it when they play top 40 music at the rink. (Justin Timberlake has great songs to skate to :oops: ) I like to skate to anything with a good beat, and most of the pop songs out have one. I also like to skate to dance music, hip hop, and any kind of rock. Those kinds of music make me want to work hard and skate fast:)

Don't be ashamed of it. I put on Justin Timberlake when I skate and when I jog. I'm not gonna hide it. LOL:lol: I go with Hip-Hop, R&B, and Christian Contemporary Music. ("Holy" Hip-Hop, Rythmn and Praise) stuff like that. Anything with a beat. I gotta be careful though. I over-rotate jumps sometimes because I skate faster with that kind of music.

BlackManSkating

littlekateskate
08-20-2007, 05:00 PM
I dont skate really (parent) but my running songs that get me pumped are usually black eyed peas. THey have some great beats :)

Sessy
08-20-2007, 05:40 PM
I love (heavy) metal. Kipelov/Kipelev and Ariya are great (Smutnoye Vremya, Vavilon, Shtil - check then out!!!), Iced Earth, Sabaton, Blind Guardian, Iron Maiden. Good is also some of DDT's more livid stuff (rock actually) and Godsmack, Muse and Rammstein.
Other than metal and rock, From Paris To Berlin, Fame, It's Raining Men, Moskau (Dschinghis Khan) are great songs to warm up to.

But usually it's just whatever the rink management puts on a cd on the speakers, cuz I only put the ipod on when it's very empty, which is rarely. They play a lot of Skinny Puppy for some reason. And a lot of stuff that Marilyn Manson covered (except they play the originals). Sometimes they'll play metallica.

Sessy
08-20-2007, 05:43 PM

Not sure if you're into metal but if you are, check out the few songs by Ariya and Kipelov i mentioned... They're SO great to get your blood pumping.

Mrs Redboots
08-21-2007, 05:29 AM
The kids at the rink had a phase of warming up to Offenbach's Can-can, which was absolutely wonderful! Wish they still did it.

SynchroSk8r114
08-21-2007, 04:33 PM
(Justin Timberlake has great songs to skate to :oops: )

JT definitely does have some good beats!