View Full Version : looking for boys 9-10 figure skate----

littlekateskate
08-20-2007, 12:00 PM
Looking for Boys Figure 9/10ish

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone... I am looking for a pair of boys used Black figure skates preferably a 9.5 or 10 if anyone has anything please let me know or email me at littlekateskates@gmail.com

I posted this on teh trades thing and got nothing back on it. And thought there might be some coaches who know of stuff at the rink or have a skater who has recently outgrown a pair. I hate paying for a brand new pair when I have no idea if my son will stick with it. He skates great for one of the coaches i have at another rink. But when i switch rinks on him he wont even go out on the ice lol. :) So i just thought i would repost here thanks---- and yes i have tried ebay :( notta pair

icemom60
08-20-2007, 04:51 PM
It's really hard to find used boys skates. I speak from experience. I've had to buy new for each of my boys.

I'll check my supply of outgrown skates at home. I don't think I've got anything that small. Will let you know.

techskater
08-20-2007, 06:18 PM
You can get a used pair of girls skates and have them dyed.

twokidsskatemom
08-20-2007, 07:53 PM
You can get a used pair of girls skates and have them dyed.

That is what we did for our son, till his skatesize was bigger than his sisters.He had all her old skates.
Just black dye, not hard at all

littlekateskate
08-20-2007, 07:59 PM
Do i do it? Do i take it somewhere? I am cluless lol. I have done shirts before lol but not a pair of shoes? Hmm.. Not that it matters at but do they ever get different. Is there a size where a male boot and female boot is different? Just curious.

renatele
08-20-2007, 08:10 PM
I have a riedell model 21, in boys size 10. They are several years older model, used just 2 times iirc - my son wasn't ready for LTS yet then.

PM me if you are interested.

Mrs Redboots
08-21-2007, 05:15 AM
Do i do it? Do i take it somewhere? I am cluless lol. I have done shirts before lol but not a pair of shoes? Hmm.. Not that it matters at but do they ever get different. Is there a size where a male boot and female boot is different? Just curious.

At your son's size there wouldn't be much different. You can probably buy dedicated shoe dye - Punch Lady Esquire (http://www.keepitbright.com/consumer/htm/php/system.php?action=product&category=PUNCH%26reg%3B&subcategory=Colourants&lang=en&area=shoecare&product_id=49) is the brand I know - which you do at home. You use one bottle to remove any current dye/polish off the boots, and then paint them with the contents of the second bottle. I see there are several eBay shops which sell it if you can't get it where you live.

icemom60
08-22-2007, 01:07 PM
Following up on my earlier message. I checked my outgrown skate supply at home and I don't have anything that small. The smallest I have is a 12.

Skittl1321
08-22-2007, 01:19 PM
Many of the young boys I've seen skating wear white skates with black boot covers. It also helps keep the extra lace strings out of the way.

slusher
08-23-2007, 09:48 AM
I'm quoting my son so don't hit me. "boot covers are gay" He won't even wear them for costume purposes, it's got to be the black skates showing or nothing. We tried it way back when and he wouldn't go on the ice.

Black electrical tape works wonderfully. The brand name is sk8tape but if you go to Home Depot they'll sell you black vinyl electrical tape in a wide width and you just tape up a pair of white skates. Ask a synchro skater at your rink. They're pros at taping skates, white to beige back to white again!

You'll need to buy black laces, but that's easy.

FYI for new skates, GAM makes an entry level boys in small sizes, probably around $100.

Skittl1321
08-23-2007, 10:02 AM
I'm quoting my son so don't hit me. "boot covers are gay" He won't even wear them for costume purposes, it's got to be the black skates showing or nothing.

The boys here must have banded together and agreed upon it :) If they ALL do it- it's got to be okay

slusher
08-23-2007, 11:04 AM
The boys here must have banded together and agreed upon it :) If they ALL do it- it's got to be okay

Yeah, there's a definite 'tude in the boys club. They've got an old school coach so they're not allowed to wear rock 'n roll t-shirts and they generally all dress exactly the same. t-shirt, black pants, black skates, and globs of hair product.

sk8tmum
08-24-2007, 10:02 PM
Jacksons also make a good entry-level skate in tot sizes, pretty reasonably priced. DS uses Jacksons still, and it's nice having the continuity up thru the various models, the last is really consistent for fit and that.

(we tried the black boot covers for a bit, but, boys being boys, ended up at a competition without one of them ... thanks to all gods that dad drove like a bat out of hell to get the thing, a big boy hassle is that I can always buy emergency replacement GIRL stuff, but, lord help you if you forget a GUY item, at least in our area :D )

Skate@Delaware
08-25-2007, 01:42 PM
if the boots are leather, you can take them to one of those shoe repair places set up in malls. They can dye them. If they are vinyl, spray paint them. One dad at my rink did that. Worked great! You will have to touch them up once in a while. Remember to tape off the blades...