View Full Version : DD Passed Novice Moves

jskater49
08-20-2007, 10:20 AM
Fifth Try!

She forgot she was testing them this weekend until I reminded her on Wed so she didn't have a lot of time to obsess.

Backward Perimeter Power Stroking with Back Inside and forward inside 3 turns:

3.5 - "Corner to corner, maintained power, used quickedness"
3.6 - "nice power and flow"
3.5 - "CCW:Adequite power flow down sides Clean turns Nice flow down sides CW -Acceptable flow down sides EP has clean edges, could use more speed " (This judge did not pass her)

Forward Perimeter Stroking and backward quick rocker-turn sequence

3.6 - "Corner to corner continuous speed used"
3.5 - "good power and neat quick end pattern"
3.5 - "CCW: Accpelble flow down sides EP oka, a little slow CW:Acceptble flow down sides EP a bit labored"

Forward and Backward Outside Counters

3.5 Common axis, continuous flow, even power
3.5 Clean deep edges, power okay L: nice turns and lobes R: little slow, very clean
3.3 L change of edge on same turns R change of edge on same fowarwrd turns

Forward and Backward Inside Counters:

3.5 on edge, clean turns, lobes equal, had flow
3.5 Power oka, clean turns and lobes, nice, neat
3.4 R Placement okay L change of edge of forward turns

Back Rocker-Choctaw Sequence -

3.4 - Used ext on edge some loss of control
3.5 - over all nice extension and power okay - bobble toward beginning few small scrainess
3.5 - Edge and power okay Extension not sustained

Spiral Sequence

3.6 - Nice arch, good extension, on edge
3.5 - nice extension, clean steady lobes
3.6 - Nice extension and edges, steady

Bracket 3 Bracket Pattern

3.5 used quickness
3.5 - Reskate - quck urns, okay power
3.5 - touch down, loss of balance

Passing average 3.5 , Passing total - 24:5

DD's final score

24.6, 24.6, 24.3

Glad to have this over - on to junior!

j

littlekateskate
08-20-2007, 10:22 AM
YEAHHHH!!! Congrats! There is nothing more exciting then watching your childs face when they have passed something. Even if it is as small as a tot patch lol. !!! :) Congrats again, I am glad she kept trying!

Skittl1321
08-20-2007, 10:23 AM
FANTASTIC! Congrats to her- especially for sticking with it!

SynchroSk8r114
08-20-2007, 10:27 AM
Congratulations to her!

phoenix
08-20-2007, 10:37 AM
Congratulations!!! That is such a milestone!

Petlover
08-20-2007, 11:10 AM
Hooray!!!!!!!!!

xofivebyfive
08-20-2007, 11:34 AM
OMG YES! I am so happy for her! I know how hard that it has been for you and her both. I'm so proud!

manleywoman
08-20-2007, 12:21 PM
Congrats!

It took me 6 tries, so I understand the perseverance involved in the Novice MIF!

twokidsskatemom
08-20-2007, 01:32 PM
congrats !! Im sure you and she are very happy !!
Now on to Jr !!;)

dbny
08-20-2007, 02:29 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!

jazzpants
08-20-2007, 03:48 PM
Congrats to jskater49's DD!!! No more "Nervous Moves!!!" YAAAAAAAY!!!! :bow: :bow: :bow:

CanadianAdult
08-20-2007, 11:01 PM
This is incredibly AWESOME!!

Tennisany1
08-20-2007, 11:43 PM
Well done! Congratulations daughter of jskater49 !!!

Mrs Redboots
08-21-2007, 05:16 AM
Oh brilliant! Well done her - I remember how despairing she was last time. She must be over the moon.... and you, too!

jskater49
08-21-2007, 06:39 AM
Oh brilliant! Well done her - I remember how despairing she was last time. She must be over the moon.... and you, too!

Honestly, we are just relieved to have it over.

And now I will confess my need to give up my expectation for her. I'm always lecturing other parents about having expectations, but I'm as guilty..

Thankfully I never said anything to her, but I really was hoping she could pass her Novice freestyle by September. Probably a silly reason, but the USFS will send a certificate of recognition to the high school of graduating seniors...but they have to be Novice by Sept 15. All the things she missed in school because of skating, I thought it would be nice at the Senior Recognition event for her to be recognized officially for her skating. But that was my need. Oh well. She'll probably get to Novice this year, but not by September. She doesn't have a consistent double toe and she's been working on those blessed moves instead of it.

j

BuggieMom
08-21-2007, 07:03 AM
FANTASTIC!!!
How great for both of you...give yourself a big hug as well! We (parents) suffer just as much as the skater does, sometimes more! (as evidenced by my totally chewed up nails at competitions!)
Maybe you could ask the school yourself to recognize her skating? It's worth a try....

jskater49
08-23-2007, 02:24 PM
I just got an email from the test chair where my dd passed, asking for her school's address. Apparently the USFS will send a congratulatory letter to the school for passing Novice or above moves, as well as freestyle. So I'm happy.

j