View Full Version : New educational site for coaches

phoenix
08-20-2007, 10:13 AM
http://www.skatingcoachquiz.com/

I was just forwarded this link last night--it's a new site that is just getting set up, and it looks like it's going to be fantastic!! It just has one section so far--analyzing a double axel. The video shows a girl attempting--and falling out of--the jump. You're supposed to watch it to see if you can figure out what's wrong. Then you watch a video w/ commentary using dartfish to analyze the jump, & point out where the flaws lie. It's really great!! I'm not even a freestyle coach & I'm fascinated. :)

You have to sign up for their email (but can unsubscribe later), and go through a little bit of messing around to get all the way through it but it's really worth it! I'm aquainted w/ the coach who's putting it together & he has a very good reputation in our area.

I believe the plan is to expand the site w/ more videos/topics, and I think make it a paid subscription thing. For now, it's free. I think this has great potential for coaches to add to their education!

sceptique
08-21-2007, 11:50 AM
OMG.... this is getting so close to a business idea I'm exploring! :idea: I need to start moving fast, or there goes the "first mover's advantage"..... 8O :lol:

icedancer2
08-21-2007, 01:27 PM
I hope that this site will be open and useful to judges as well because although I did freestyle as a kid and of course have watched freestyle over the years since then, there is still a lot about freestyle that I don't quite understand which I think would be useful for judging.

Thanks for the link (heads off to open and explore).

icedancer2
08-21-2007, 01:46 PM
Wow - I just checked it out - very easy!! Also very imformative for this judge. Thanks for posting the link.

wasabi
08-21-2007, 02:37 PM
OMG.... this is getting so close to a business idea I'm exploring! :idea: I need to start moving fast, or there goes the "first mover's advantage"..... 8O :lol:

Great idea, but you should go one step farther. Do it for high level dances and sell it to judges too. Some judges are judging international tests that they've never seen before!

sceptique
08-22-2007, 08:39 AM
Thanks for the idea!