View Full Version : inserts for skate

littlekateskate
08-19-2007, 08:34 PM
I was curious what inserts you buy for your skates if you do. I bought some cheaper skates (as i am not the serious skater-and well barely skate) and they are not the most comfortable soles. I recently bought new inserts for my running shoes and they are soo awesome so i thought i would try them in my skates and they wouldnt fit they were too wide. So i was just curious...

kimberley801
08-19-2007, 09:12 PM
I have cheaper skates too, and have a few foot problems (i.e. pronation), so I invested in some Dr. Scholl's adjustable arch support orthotics. They are comfotable and solved a few of my skating problems. If you're going more for comfort, I like Dr. Scholl's TriComfort insoles. I use them in my tennis shoes and tried them in my skates...very comfy! Just not enough arch support for my skating.

dbny
08-19-2007, 09:29 PM
I have custom Klingbeils with the orthotics built in, so I don't need insoles, but Don Klingbeil told me that a collegue in the buisness is getting good results with the SuperFeet orthotics (http://www.superfeet.com/) that are computer fitted.

SkatingOnClouds
08-20-2007, 04:01 AM
Superfeet Grey, which are designed for skates, are what I now use, and I am totally sold on them! I would definitely get them for my next pair of boots.
I do pronate, and found that these stopped that immediately. I found I had vastly improved edge control, and even found I didn't have to tighten my skates as tight!

Worked for me! (and no, I don't work for them or get any sort of kickback for promoting them)

Mrs Redboots
08-20-2007, 06:42 AM
If you just want more comfortable footbed in your skates, any off-the-shelf insoles will probably do, although do be aware that they may make your skates slightly tight. Thermal insoles are both comfortable and help keep your feet warm!