View Full Version : Where to look.

teresa
08-19-2007, 12:38 PM
I have a question. I'm an adult skater who didn't skate as a child. So, I truly don't know. After you learn all the moves in the adult track, then what happens? I know they can always get better, but then are you stuck? And, if there are, are there more move clips to watch? I have liked watching the adult track clips posted at this forum. Are there more advanced clips somewhere? If only to show my family what I'm learning. Thanks in advance.

teresa

Debbie S
08-19-2007, 01:22 PM
When you finish testing the adult track in either MIF or FS, you can pick up the standard track at Intermediate. So if you have passed Gold MIF, your next MIF test would be Intermediate MIF, then Novice, and so on.

The only videos of standard track MIF that I'm aware of are in a 2-volume video set produced by the PSA (coaches trade association). I know Rainbo Sports sells them through their catalog and website - other skating retailers/e-tailers may also. The PSA sells the set directly to its members at a small discount, so you might want to ask your coach to order it for you and then reimburse him/her.

Bill_S
08-19-2007, 01:26 PM
I believe that you can elect to start taking standard tests after you've completed Adult Gold. I think that if you switch you begin with Intermediate moves (could someone more familiar with the USFSA rules verify that?). Take my advice with a grain of salt until some of the rule-savy regulars chime it.

The video part is easy. Go to the PSA (Professional Skaters Association - www.skatepsa.com) web site and order the Moves in the Field DVDs or tapes. They show all the moves in the standard track, and most of these moves are included in various adult track tests. These are tests done well, as opposed some of the online clips I've seen of adult moves. The videos on these DVDs are very helpful for someone looking to test moves.

This link, if not wrapped into uselessness, should take you directly to the PSA videos...

http://www.skatepsa.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=41_43&osCsid=498319ef7ea84c72ecf1a1ded3b8a171

dbny
08-19-2007, 05:47 PM
I believe that you can elect to start taking standard tests after you've completed Adult Gold.

You can take standard track tests at any time if you start at the beginning. The one caveat for adults taking standard track is that many judges will not cut you any slack for your age, and some will demand more from you than from the kids, so check out the available test sessions and judges before proceeding.

techskater
08-19-2007, 07:24 PM
Very true about having judges not cut you any slack on the standard track. Because adults tend to be bigger the judges expect more power than from a 7 year old. You do grandfather over after Gold to Intermediate (which is "similar") but has a much higher expectation to be followed by Novice, Junior, and Senior....