View Full Version : Risport Skate Sizes

batonstar
08-18-2007, 03:49 PM
I am looking into possibly buying a pair of Risport skates but I was wondering, I know this is quite a popular brand but I want to ask those of you that have this brand - what size shoe do you normally wear? and are they usually quite comfortable to wear as I don't want a boot that is too stiff around the back of it.

What are your views of Risports (good & bad!)?

Sessy
08-19-2007, 03:42 AM
I had exactly my shoe size for risports. Of course a side note is that I always ordered size S or XS width shoes from England for my dancing shoes. They're not for very broad feet. They're for a particular shape of feet actually, difficult to describe. Also, I had too little space behind my heels there - as in the heels were too flat - so I got bumps on my heels...

But they're pretty indestructable actually. Not too well padded, not like, say, Graf or Jacksos are.

Everybody around here skates on Risports, but that's just cuz 10 years ago you could ONLY get Risports in this country.

Ice Dancer
08-20-2007, 02:44 PM
I skate in the same size as my shoe size too. When I got fitted for them the fitter asked my shoe size and automatically went for the same size, which I guess says something. I am really happy with them, I've had them about 10 months now and they are still not creased in the slightest! I haven't had any problems with them either.

Mrs Redboots
08-21-2007, 05:26 AM
Don't forget, UK/European shoe sizes are very different from US ones - I take a 39 here (old size 6), which is something like an 8 or 9 US, I can't remember.

All the same, Ice Dancer, the fitter should have measured your feet, not just asked your shoe size.

sk8_4fun
08-21-2007, 06:50 AM
My first pair of skates were risport lasers, bought from the rink shop, because that was the only place I could get skates at the time. They crucified my feet as they are a narrow fit. I changed over to belati which were much more comfortable (and still in my price range!) as they have a wider 'last' and were recommended for that reason. Unfortunately, like one of the other posters said, you only get width fittings in the Risport RF3 and above.

Ice Dancer
08-21-2007, 11:00 PM
Don't forget, UK/European shoe sizes are very different from US ones - I take a 39 here (old size 6), which is something like an 8 or 9 US, I can't remember.

All the same, Ice Dancer, the fitter should have measured your feet, not just asked your shoe size.

He also asked me a load of questions for example were my feet wide, any problems etc. For any issues he gets the meassuring tool out straight away but the truth is I just have normal feet.

This guy is superb, he owns the shop at my rink and really knows his stuff.