View Full Version : Trying To Work Out What Make These Boots Are?

batonstar
08-17-2007, 12:27 PM
I have an old pair of skating boots which I would like to know what the make of them are.

I don't know if it is possible to work out from the info I can get off them or at least to narrow down to a couple of makes, but on the bottom of the soles it says Made In Czechoslovakia.

The blades have printed on the Sheffield Steel MK Made In England and a number 10 printed on the ball end of the piece joined to the skate, does anyone know what type of blade this might be?
At the toe end it is riveted into the boot and at the heel end it is screwed in.

desabelle
08-17-2007, 12:58 PM
For the blades you can take a look through this site and see if any of them match your skates.

http://www.mkblades.com/blades/index.html

CanadianAdult
08-18-2007, 11:34 AM
The boots might be Jelineks.

dbny
08-18-2007, 12:06 PM
The blades have printed on the Sheffield Steel MK Made In England and a number 10 printed on the ball end of the piece joined to the skate, does anyone know what type of blade this might be?
At the toe end it is riveted into the boot and at the heel end it is screwed in.

The blades are low end, recreational blades made by MK. The number "10" is the size of the blades, which is the length measured from the tip of the toe plate to the end of the heel plate.

flippet
08-18-2007, 04:30 PM
Whatever they are, they aren't very high-quality. Anything that has a blade riveted, in any way, is designed for the lowest levels of recreational skating...pond skating, basically.

Skittl1321
08-18-2007, 04:56 PM
Whatever they are, they aren't very high-quality. Anything that has a blade riveted, in any way, is designed for the lowest levels of recreational skating...pond skating, basically.

I did basic skills through my bunny hop and waltz jump on riveted blades. I wouldn't say ONLY pond skating- though if you are going to buy skates with figure skating in mind, I wouldn't get riveted ones.