View Full Version : gauging interest in an Adult Skate Clinic Weekend in Beautiful West Michigan!

Mel On Ice
08-16-2007, 11:00 AM
Hey all -

My friends and I are working on a germ of an idea to host a skate clinic strictly for adults next summer in the west Michigan area and want to get an idea:

a. - if there's enough interest in the midwest to offer such a clinic

b. - if so, what kinds of classes would you like to see?

c. - how long is too long/too short (3, 2 or just 1 day)

We want to offer something new and exciting to cover those of us who have "been there, done that" but still offer some strong basics for those new to the concept of adult skating or those who may have shied away from taking a clinic for fear of being the only adult among the intro kids.

This is strictly in the germ-of-an-idea stage, and I can't promise anything, but there are a group of eager skaters ready and willing to make this idea fly if we have enough interest/support.

phoenix
08-16-2007, 11:28 AM
If schedule/finances allowed, I'd definitely go. I'm originally from that area so it would be perfect. 3 days would be great. For me I'd like to see ice dance classes offered, Moves, edges, footwork, choreography, anything like that. If you could incorporate a test session that would make it extra-worth the trip!

techskater
08-16-2007, 02:33 PM
You know you can count me in!

I'd like a creative moves/choreo type class, a split of MIF offered (so maybe a low, medium, and high level), the standard jumps and spins type classes. I'd also like to maybe see a seminar with a TS/TC and possibly a critique from a TS/TC and/or judge(s) offered. You could offer the critiques on Friday and then Sat/Sun as the clinic.

Just my $0.02

flying~camel
08-16-2007, 03:31 PM
I'd also like to maybe see a seminar with a TS/TC and possibly a critique from a TS/TC and/or judge(s) offered.

And we know a newly minted TS that might be willing to do this ;)

Joan
08-16-2007, 04:37 PM
Sounds good to me!

Either 2 or 3 days would be great. Just 1 day is too short.

I'd like to see some focus on choreography and music interpretation.

techskater
08-16-2007, 07:37 PM
And we know a newly minted TS that might be willing to do this ;)

She LOVES GR so I am sure it wouldn't be hard to convince her! :P

flippet
08-17-2007, 10:19 AM
Hey, if finances allowed, I'd love to do it. Although, it's been so long since I've skated, that I'm basically a beginner again. :-(

LilJen
08-17-2007, 10:35 AM
Not quite sure where in western MI you are, but I could very well be interested. Never been to a clinic and I'm still just at the pre-bronze stage (going to get back on ice soon after 3.5 months off following an ankle fracture). I'm in NE Indiana and I know Detroit is about 4 hrs away. Love the idea of an all-adult clinic and I'm open to pretty much anything (well, other than a 3-day clinic, which would definitely be too much).

flying~camel
08-17-2007, 11:25 AM
Not quite sure where in western MI you are, but I could very well be interested.

We're in Grand Rapids.