View Full Version : The local rink is reopening!!

Laura H
08-16-2007, 09:02 AM
Plenty of rumors flying around lately, but the story FINALLY broke yesterday . . . our local rink (central SC) is supposed to be reopening mid September!

It was bought by a local indoor sports company who is planning to build another facility beside the rink and offer other indoor sports - I do hope that will help to expand the customer base (and who knows, maybe suck some more people into ICE skating!). But for right now, they are just focusing on reopening the ice facility . . . we're so excited! :D

http://www.thestate.com/business/story/147254.html

Isk8NYC
08-16-2007, 09:06 AM
...sounds like I'll need to take a road trip this Fall...

Congrats! Any word on the staff/director?

Laura H
08-16-2007, 09:22 AM
Not totally rock solid on that yet, but I do believe that there will be a lot of familiar faces returning . . . which is nice. ;)

Scarlett
08-16-2007, 09:49 AM
That's great news Laura...Congratulations!

Petlover
08-17-2007, 11:51 AM
How wonderful! I'm really happy for you.

Isk8NYC
09-18-2007, 10:40 PM
Pssstttt.... A little birdie told me you have ICE AGAIN !!!!!

I'll have to try and schedule a road trip to check it out this fall.

Congratulations and happy skating !!!

Laura H
09-19-2007, 01:37 PM
Yes! And ironically enough DH is the only one who has skated on it so far :frus: :frus: :frus: . . . the public sessions don't start until Saturday but they have had a couple of freestyle sessions this week and . . . an adult pick up hockey session last night . . . grrrrr . . .

However, DH reports back that it is really nice . . . can't wait to find out for myself!!