View Full Version : anyone have the book "the inner champion"?

littlerain
08-16-2007, 01:22 AM
http://www.rainbosports.com/shop/site/product.cfm/id/5A6B4611-D610-7E99-DBB5569605D05CF6

I'm just curious if anyone's read it and if it has helped your skating:)

techskater
08-16-2007, 02:27 PM
Yes and yes, it has.

FWIW, Choeleen Laundragin skated Championship Pairs (1st place) this year at ANs

jazzpants
08-16-2007, 05:06 PM
Yes, and don't think it worked yet... Then again, I was mainly reading it since my coach is part of the Adult Skating Section. 8-)

littlerain
08-16-2007, 05:11 PM
Isn't your coach in that other book I asked about? (Skate your personal best) :)

Can someone tell me what kinds of things are in the book or what they found most helpful?

Thanks!

jazzpants
08-16-2007, 05:13 PM
Isn't your coach in that other book I asked about? (Skate your personal best) :) AUGH!!! Sorry! Should read more carefully. LOL!!! (No, I haven't read this book yet...) :lol:

WeirFan06
08-16-2007, 07:32 PM
I don't have the book (lol, apparently I don't read very much... I didn't have the last book you mentioned either. I should read more :lol: ) but I do know that Choeleen is very good at the whole sports psychology thing. I imagine it's probably different peoples' preferences... you know, some people benefit more from that kind of thing if they're face to face in front of the psychologist, whereas some people can get enough out of a book to do what they're trying to do. I've thought of picking that book up over the years, but have never actually ordered it. Let me know how you like it, if you end up getting it.

Terri C
08-16-2007, 08:04 PM
I bought the book this past spring after a disastrous attempt at passing Bronze FS.
While I didn't do all of the excercises, I have noticed that my program runthroughs are cleaner than ever. I'll be competing Saturday in NC and we'll see how well the book has helped me then.