View Full Version : No More Capezios!

dbny
08-14-2007, 01:00 PM
I ran into a friend last night who was wearing a gorgeous dress she got at DanceFactoryOutlet, and commented that DFO will not be getting in anymore Capezio dresses because Capezio has decided to discontinue skatewear 8O :x! I'm not sure if that goes for tights also, but dresses, jackets and pants are definitely out.

looplover
08-14-2007, 01:46 PM
I ran into a friend last night who was wearing a gorgeous dress she got at DanceFactoryOutlet, and commented that DFO will not be getting in anymore Capezio dresses because Capezio has decided to discontinue skatewear 8O :x! I'm not sure if that goes for tights also, but dresses, jackets and pants are definitely out.

Grrr...that explains why during my last NYC/NJ visit I went to three Capezio outlets and found absolutely NOTHING

icedancer2
08-14-2007, 01:49 PM
Oooh - maybe I should buy another skirt now (if any are left-over available) because the ONLY wrap-around skirt that looks good on me at ALL is a Capezio - hmm, but I guess it could be worn for dance, so maybe they aren't discontinuing that one? (Heads off to call DFO):giveup:

Skittl1321
08-14-2007, 02:08 PM
well that stinks.

I love DFO and am sad they won't have dresses anymore.

(Has bodywrappers also discontinued skatewear?)

Summerkid710
08-14-2007, 02:36 PM
Capezio stopped making skatewear two years ago. Last year, they had contracted with another skatewear company to make dresses specifically for their Capezio shops. But, these dresses were exclusive to Capezio -- they would not sell them wholesale to rink shops. Skating has always been a very small piece of Capezio's business. As someone who works in a pro shop, we always had a lot of problems with getting Capezio into our stores. Nothing was ever in stock and our orders were never complete -- lots of backorders. It was really frustrating working with them.

SynchroSk8r114
08-14-2007, 03:24 PM
Agghhhh! :x That's crap! I love Capezio. One of my most comfortable skirts is made by them.

Oh well, as long as there's some dancewear that can double as skatewear, I guess I'll live...:giveup: