View Full Version : Aviator's Web Site

dbny
08-14-2007, 11:19 AM
Aviator has a new company doing their web site, and it is almost finished. One of the really significant changes is that it will be kept up to date!

Alert: No afternoon public sessions there this week due to a commercial shoot for The Children's Place, but there is a public session this evening from 6:30 to 8:20, and yes, it's on the web site!

TimDavidSkate
08-14-2007, 11:33 AM
Im wondering if the rink will ever have a USFSA home club :halo:

jazzpants
08-14-2007, 11:42 AM
Photo shoot at an ice rink for a children's clothing store? Geez, must be winter clothing season already! :P :lol: I see they took out the "elite famous coach" page and replaced it with a generic coach's page too. :P :lol:

jazzpants
08-14-2007, 11:46 AM
Im wondering if the rink will ever have a USFSA home club :halo:I'm surprised the Skating Club of New York hasn't already swooped it up yet... Then again, Prospect Park supposedly has their own skating club... so it's possible that they might form a new skating club for this rink too. Should be KEWL having skating jackets looking like Aviator jackets!!! 8-)

dbny
08-14-2007, 12:57 PM
Im wondering if the rink will ever have a USFSA home club :halo:

North Jersey FSC (Wayne) for now. Test session on Monday, Aug. 27th.

I see they took out the "elite famous coach" page and replaced it with a generic coach's page too. :P :lol:

Staff bio's to come soon.

Then again, Prospect Park supposedly has their own skating club... so it's possible that they might form a new skating club for this rink too. Should be KEWL having skating jackets looking like Aviator jackets!!! 8-)

The Prospect Park Figure Skating Club was formed many years ago when the skating school at the park decided that only their own coaches could teach on public sessions. The coaches who had been there before the new management got together with their students and started a club so they could rent ice and teach.

The goal at Aviator is indeed to have their own club, but as we all know, that takes time. I love the Aviator logo, and it would look great on a jacket, but wouldn't wear an aviator style jacket myself, as it wouldn't flatter what figure I have left.

TimDavidSkate
08-14-2007, 02:39 PM
I should really get myself informed - I didnt even know that NJFSC (my club) is affiliated with Aviator Sports :halo:

liz_on_ice
08-14-2007, 05:49 PM
I should really get myself informed - I didnt even know that NJFSC (my club) is affiliated with Aviator Sports :halo:

And I skate there and had no idea the club had a presence! I'm awfully fond of my SCNY jacket, but an Aviator one might be tempting. Because, of course, it's all about the attire. :halo:

TimDavidSkate
08-14-2007, 06:22 PM
And I skate there and had no idea the club had a presence! I'm awfully fond of my SCNY jacket, but an Aviator one might be tempting. Because, of course, it's all about the attire. :halo:

Im trying to think if I ever skated with you before :halo:

Its a nice facility and the crowd is guaranteed 8 or less on freestyles, but for me, its hard ice 8O It takes me 20 min to settle down my cramps