View Full Version : Anyone know about these boots/blades?

batonstar
08-11-2007, 04:41 PM
I am possibly looking at buying a pair of Risport Laser white ice skating boots with Club 2000 blades attached.

As I do not really know much about boots and blades I thought I would ask you for your opinions.

Any opinion grateful!

jcookie1982
08-11-2007, 07:36 PM
Don't really know that much about them, but I found this description on the Skatebuys website:

"Risport Laser figure skates feature split leather uppers with suede leather lining, pre-formed padded, ventilated tongue, strategic foam padding for comfort, double layer reinforcement for support, and Bronze composition sole. Appropriate for free skating through double jumps, depending upon blade selected. See Skate Selector for more details.

Comes standard with a MK 21 basic recreational blade. For skaters advancing into freestyle lessons we advise upgrading to a MK Club 2000 or Wilson Jubilee blade. For skaters attempting advanced spins or starting to work on double jumps, we advise moving up to a MK Double Star blade. "

sk8tegirl06
08-26-2007, 01:57 PM
I know this is kind of old, but I have Risport Lasers with the MK Club 2000 blades on them. The only reason I am really looking for new skates in the not to distance future is because I am slowly but surely getting too advanced for them and I think I have outgrown them. (I got them in 6th or 7th grade, stopped skating for a few years and picked up again last year, when I was a freshman at college.) It is a real finicky brand, I normally have really wide feet, but these seem to work despite being advertised as narrow.

Sessy
08-27-2007, 03:09 AM
Risport laser is for single jumps, and the older model of what is now produced as the RF4, although there's very little difference in the shape of the boot from the inside.
It's got relatively little space at the back of the heel and most people with very wide feet won't fit in.