View Full Version : Passport Question

Ice Dancer
08-10-2007, 03:40 PM
I tried the search option before posting this as I am sure it must have been asked before but I couldn't find it so appologises if it has!

Does anyone know, if you are wanting to do Free and Dance in the long run, do you have to complete the Free and Dance passport, or just one? I really wish the NISA website had more information on it, information like that is relevant!

Thanks for your help!

mintypoppet
08-11-2007, 01:58 AM
If you want to test both, you have to complete both. However, you don't have to have passed dance passport before you enter for your first freeskate test, for instance.

fsk8r
08-11-2007, 09:49 AM
if that's true that you need both, they didn't check up on my sister, she only did freestyle passport and has just done level 1 dance and no one asked questions. i've just entered for my level 1 dance and the only question they asked was where I wanted to test as I forgot to fill the rink in on the form.
so I think you only need to do dance or free for the passport. but by the time you test, you'll have done everything in the passport to be able to do the test.

frbskate63
08-11-2007, 11:26 AM
I think you only need to complete one - then once you're into the standard test system, they're not interested in your passport any more. I did level 1 elements and free last autumn, but I didn't have to do the passport first, because I already held several dance tests.

However, if you want to do both disciplines, it would be very sensible to complete both passports before embarking on standard tests.

Fiona