View Full Version : Adding insult to injury!!

Laura H
08-10-2007, 06:56 AM
I've posted several times bemoaning our current lack of ice in central SC with our local rink closing . . . having to commute is a pain, but to really put the icing on the cake . . . it was 106 degrees yesterday!! :roll: Sure would be nice to go be in an icy cold rink to beat the heat . . .

and SOME people don't think we need ice skating rinks here in the southern states. Hmmph!! We're the ones who need them most!!! :lol:

Scarlett
08-10-2007, 07:35 AM
Laura---I feel your pain. I'm in DC and it hit 101. I actually went to the rink and it was still hot on the ice. Here's sending you cool ice vibes.

SynchroSk8r114
08-10-2007, 08:37 AM
As much as I love 95 degree days (Really! I'm one of those strange ones that love the heat! :lol:), nothing beats a cool rink on a sweltering day. When I get bummed out about having to spend 3.5 hours coaching on a gorgeous summer day, I just think about how many people wish they were keeping cool in the rink. 8-)

Mrs Redboots
08-10-2007, 09:21 AM
I like being able to skate in a T-shirt without a jersey on the top, and the lovely feeling when you come out into the warmth (it's 22 C here today, that's not as warm as it might be, but pretty good for this summer) and your limbs are all lovely and cool.....

Clarice
08-10-2007, 10:36 AM
It's been in the 90s in Iowa, too. There's a skateboard park next to our rink, and we've picked up an audience for freestyles the past few days as those guys have come inside to take a break from the heat. The rink management doesn't care - it's more business for the snack bar!

Schmeck
08-10-2007, 11:17 AM
I too wish there were more rinks in southeastern states - Synchro Easterns would be so much fun to go to down south! I know they've hosted a few Easterns 'down there', but it seems the NE gets most of them. Living in the NE, it's nasty here in the winter, I'd much rather spend a week of winter in the south!

Morgail
08-11-2007, 09:21 PM
I just drove through SC today! It was hot & very humid...
Where was your rink?