View Full Version : What type of Sk8ingParent are you?

FSWer
08-09-2007, 11:46 AM
Say,I'm not sure if this should go here,or in On Ice Parents/Coaches. But I was just wondering by majority what type of skater all our sk8ing Parents who post on the boards are Skating Parents to. If your a Skating Parent to a skater who does more then one Discipline,please mark all that apply.

jcookie1982
08-09-2007, 07:59 PM
My daughter isn't really a figure skater yet, but she has been doing Tot classes for a while now.

Clarice
08-09-2007, 08:09 PM
My daughter does singles and tests dance. She's also begun doing some teaching.

jskater49
08-10-2007, 12:56 AM
I'm a loving and supportive skating parent :D

j

SkatingOnClouds
08-10-2007, 04:00 AM
What type of skating parent am I? A very frustrated one! :frus:

My 10 year old daughter started off with a lot of promise, was doing really well, then just stopped working at it!!! I am loving and supportive, but sometimes it drives me nuts when we go to practise and she spends like half an hour on the ice. A quick whizz through everything and that's it :roll:

We have the same coach, who says that skating parents who skate can be the worst type, because we know too much. But also useful cos I can help her.

I encourage her to practise, and lead by example, but also let her know it's okay to not want to give it her all. After all, I was just like that at her age.:lol:

Mrs Redboots
08-10-2007, 09:12 AM
I used to be a skating parent, but my daughter doesn't skate any more.

sk8tmum
08-10-2007, 12:50 PM
3 on the ice: Teenage girl, test stream (working on Jr Bronze FS and skills, Sr Bronze dances); pre-teen boy, moving into competitive stream (pre-juvenile/Jr Bronze FS, working on Juvenile Freeskate, Jr Silver Skills, Sr Bronze dances); pre-school little one (working on CanSkate Stage 1!)

So, assume that I live at arenas and off-ice practices. And have the drive-thru window at every coffee outlet identified and in use.

(Now, let's see how many people from my club are able to figure out that this is me ...):roll:

liz_on_ice
08-10-2007, 03:26 PM
I'm more of a skating parent than the parent of a skater. My older daughter who is 6 is just about ready for alpha class when the season starts up. The younger refused to come with us this afternoon, because "I fall down". Ok, she's three and I'm hardly going to make her if she doesn't want to. Still she's covered in bruises from falling down at the playground, gotta love that preschool logic.

-Liz

momsk8er
08-10-2007, 09:24 PM
Proud skating parent of a pre-juv girl.

Mrs Redboots
08-11-2007, 04:55 AM
I'm more of a skating parent than the parent of a skater.

Many years ago now, someone gave me a T-shirt which read "If more mothers skated, there would be fewer skating mothers!" So true....

littlekateskate
08-16-2007, 07:47 AM
I am none of the above. My daughter who just turned 4 a few days ago is in the beta class/level.