View Full Version : Are all our Minneapolis skaters safe?

Skittl1321
08-01-2007, 08:40 PM
I know this isn't skating related, so mods can more it- but I rarely go to non-skating forums.

Lots of the people at my rink originally skating in Minneapolis, so I know they have a fairly large skating community there. Do we have board members from there?

Has anyone heard if they are safe and accounted for.

A bridge collapse during rush hour is just the scariest thing I can imagine on a commute.

Mrs Redboots
08-02-2007, 04:17 AM
I, too, rarely go to the non-skating related forums, and am horrified by this news. I do think there must have been some wonderful drivers on that bridge to have been able to stop.

I do send best wishes to anybody reading this who was, or who have friends/family who were, involved in the disaster. I gather they have ruled out terrorism, which is something!

Isk8NYC
08-02-2007, 08:15 AM
That's unbelieveable. It's been reported that many of the people whose vehicles went off the bridge walked away with minor injuries. The death toll is miraculous when you look at the damage and number of cars involved.

Hoping and praying for good news for our board members, even if they don't skate.

Helen88
08-02-2007, 01:19 PM
Hoping everyone's alright...latest I've heard was four confirmed dead, several still missing. Our thoughts are with them...