View Full Version : Skate Journal??

Skittl1321
07-31-2007, 01:55 PM
Does anyone here keep in contact with Kay (www.skatejournal.com)

I noticed her domain was expired- and while she had posted that she isn't skating much because of various reasons, her last post was skating related.

I've read her journal for years (before I started skating even) and was wondering if anyone knows for sure if she's decided to stop writing- or if this was just an accidental expiration?

If it is gone, she'll definetly be missed!

GordonSk8erBoi
07-31-2007, 02:36 PM
I suspect it's an oversight. I had noticed she had posted that she'd not be posting much in the summer.

montanarose
08-01-2007, 10:42 AM
I, too, noted that Kay's domain had expired: I hope she'll be back amongst us later this summer! I have been reading her journal (and, back in the day, her novel) for several years and have followed her joys and trials as an adult skater. A year ago, she and I suffered broken bones around the same time (ankle for me and leg for Kay) and she was so helpful and encouraging to me; she really helped lift my spirits :bow: .

Kay, if you're out there reading this: I hope you are well and having a great summer with your husband, and that you come back to your journal one of these days.

montanarose

kayskate
08-12-2007, 03:02 PM
Thank you to those who posted about my journal. I have been away all summer and my domain expired. I have been in contact w/ the service provider and hope to have it back up this week some time. I have some new entries to post. I have been skating this summer mostly in July.

Kay

Derek
08-12-2007, 04:26 PM
I too had noticed the expiry of Kay's site, and missed the updates, but felt too self-conscious to mention it in case there were personal circumstances involved.

Needless to say, I am chuffed that everything is ok, and look forward to new posts ...

Mrs Redboots
08-13-2007, 05:26 AM
Thank you to those who posted about my journal. I have been away all summer and my domain expired. I have been in contact w/ the service provider and hope to have it back up this week some time. I have some new entries to post. I have been skating this summer mostly in July.

Kay

So glad all is well! And it's lovely to see you back.

Skittl1321
08-13-2007, 06:42 AM

Kay

Glad it's going to be back up! I was so worried you'd just decide to stop. Being away is a much better excuse. Even if you're not skating as heavily- your journal is such an awesome resource- and an inspiration to those of us who try to keep our own! (My entries never seem to have the same flair- you're a fantastic writer!)