View Full Version : Any adult skaters in SLC or Denver?

kimberley801
07-30-2007, 09:54 PM
Hey guys!

It seems like there are a lot of adult skaters back East (I'm jealous! - i'm originally from VA), and not nearly as many in the Intermountain West. Do any of you skate in or near SLC? I'd like to get to know some local adult skaters Also, I travel to Denver a couple of times each year and am considering relocating there in a few years. What rinks are best out there?

coskater64
07-31-2007, 03:22 PM
There are a large number of adult skaters in the Denver metro area. I think they're 20+ at DU and South Suburban. I skate in NW Denver/Boulder and there are some in SE Denver as well. I know of only a few skaters in SLC there are some in the Mountains as well. 8-) 8-)

toepickdes
08-06-2007, 08:47 PM
I'm in SLC!!! There are a few skaters out here. I know quite a few actually. Where do you skate?

kimberley801
08-07-2007, 03:25 AM
I typically skate at the county rinks - mostly at Steiner. they have the best ice :) I've been to most of the rinks in the area at least once. Where do you skate and what level are you?? I'm in LTS classes right now and hope to continue on and test and compete.

toepickdes
08-08-2007, 10:14 PM
I used to do the LTS program at Steiner's, but then I ended up taking the classes at Acord because it was closer to my house. I'm mainly either at Acord or the Oval, just depends on their public session scheduling. I'm still in the LTS program, but I'm on to the freeskate levels now. What about you?

kimberley801
08-10-2007, 06:43 PM
I'm on Adult level 3, and moving on to Adult 4 very soon. I haven't been skating for terribly long. Maybe three months??? I skipped the first LTS class because I covered that in a college course 4-5 years ago. I could still skate!

I like the Acord rink and how it has windows all along one side of it. Plus it's the cheapest rink around - $2.50/public skate! it's been a long time since I've been to the Olympic Oval but their current Public Skate hours are great! I might check it out. You could PM me if you want to skate sometime.

What freeskate level are you? and was it easy to transition from the adult levels to Freekskate? I almost feel that I'll need a month or two of private lessons to feel comfortable about moving on. Do you supplement with private lessons at all?

Award
08-11-2007, 07:05 PM
I skate in NW Denver/Boulder and there are some in SE Denver as well. I know of only a few skaters in SLC there are some in the Mountains as well. 8-) 8-)

Do you skate at CU in Boulder? They're building a new ice rink in Boulder at the moment, right? I heard it will be a big public ice rink. I used to skate at CU, arvada, westminster, and sometimes in superior.