View Full Version : Discipline/Level/what you do for on-ice warm up

FSWer
07-29-2007, 07:59 PM
Say,I would love to know from all of you what your Discipline,along with level is,and what moves you do for on-ice warm up? If you do more then one Discipline,please name for each Discipline you do. Ok...GO!!!!!

Skittl1321
07-29-2007, 08:52 PM
I'm a Freestyle 2 skater preparing my prebronze tests. For a warm up I do one or two laps around the rink just to get used to my skates, then I run the MITF test (stroking, edges, crossovers, waltz 8, 3 turn pattern) all the way through once.

That's my warm up.

I follow that up with working on any of the moves that didn't feel right, as well as jumps, spins, 3-turns. I don't practice my program anymore, however.

CaraSkates
07-29-2007, 10:27 PM
Singles skater - Pre-Prelim/Prelim level. If it's a 4 hour session, I usually stroke around once then run through Pre-Juv MIF, then spins, combo spins, then jumps, then combo jumps, pieces of my programs, then actual program run throughs.

Shorter session/two weeks before competition I skip MIF till later, I do once of each thing in my program, pieces of program and program run through. If I have time I do MIF later (not testing anytime soon although they are ready).

TaBalie
07-29-2007, 10:32 PM
I am a single skater, with poor discipline LOL! I have passed Adult Pre-Bronze and Adult Bronze MITF, and Adult Pre-Bronze Freestyle. My goal is to now take all the standard MITF tests.

To warm up, I do several laps first... Then I run through Adult Bronze and Adult Silver MITF elements. Then I run through all my jumps (waltz -> lutz), and practice spinning (scratch, sit, change foot, camel, backspin).

After that, I work on specific elements that need work (in this case, various standard track test patterns, etc).

bruingrl
07-30-2007, 02:46 AM
I'm skating at about the ISI FS 4 level and I'm embarrassed to say that I don't have a set on-ice warm-up. Usually I'll just skate around the rink a couple times and start doing easy footwork or jumps or spins, depending on how I'm feeling that day. Then I'll build up to the harder stuff from there.

I do have a set off-ice warm-up, which takes about 30 minutes and includes stretching, jogging and off-ice jump practice.

However, I really do need an on-ice warm-up. So people please keep posting so I can figure one out! Lol.