View Full Version : Riedell Bronze Star 320 Question

MKIce9
07-27-2007, 09:04 PM
Hi. I was wondering if I could get your opinions on Riedell Bronze Star 320. I currently have Riedell Silver Star 355 (bought before the redesign) and I'm hearing that after the redesign, Bronze Star is equivalent in stiffness to the old Silver Star? I'm 5'3" and about 125 lbs. I can land up to a single lutz and only skate about twice a month. Does Riedell Bronze Star sound like a good fit?

Did anyone else switch to a lower level Riedell boot after the redeisgn? How was it?

Thanks for your help!

niupartyangel
07-28-2007, 05:11 PM
I use the 320s now, but I never used a higher level boot. I am in only in FS2, and the pro shop said this boot and the MK Coronation Ace should last me through the axel before i need to upgrade again.

I like them...I am 5'2", 100 lbs. I dunno if i really helped you because you skate at a higher level than me though :)

CaraSkates
07-28-2007, 09:31 PM
I've never used the 320's but I wore both the old Silver Star and now I wear the new Silver Star. My fitter told me the old Silver Stars (I think mine were two redesigns ago though) were comparable to the new Bronze Star. Those lasted me a year - up to the loop - and then I broke them down.

I'm getting ready to buy a new pair of Silver Stars since my current ones are breaking down - one more competition. I can land up to the lutz and am 1/4 cheated on axel and 2sal. I also skate 4 days a week for about 12 hours total. If it helps any, I'm 5' 6" and about 140lbs. My coach has most of her students in Silver Stars right now - from the 10 year old with half rev jumps to the 12 year old with all her doubles and the 19 year old with half her doubles. I'm not sure what her two adults are wearing - they do a couple half jumps and two foot spins. I think the one is in Riedell Gold Medallions? Or Bronze Stars? I forget. Whichever comes in black - he's a guy. The other is wearing Jacksons I think.
Hope that helped!