View Full Version : spins in competition

xofivebyfive
07-23-2007, 08:58 AM
I had a thread like this before a while back, but for jumps. What spins are normally included in a good preliminary program? I know for PrePre they normally have a camel-sit, and.. well that's all I know.

*JennaD*
07-23-2007, 09:22 PM
Well I live in Canada, so I'm not sure if the levels are the same...but in my Prelim solo (which was about 1;30 so I had to cram lots of elements in!) I had a change sit, a camel sit, and a scratch spin.

TreSk8sAZ
07-23-2007, 09:39 PM
Prelim usually has a camel-sit-change-sit, many times a flying camel. Laybacks are also common. With the new judging system trickling down, you're seeing a ton of variations on sit spins and laybacks, camels are usually just straight camels though bielmanns and catch foots are also becoming more common. These are the spins I saw at a competition this weekend. Hope this helps!

CaraSkates
07-24-2007, 09:37 AM
My Pre-Preliminary FS program has a layback, a camel-sit and a front scratch to back scratch. My friend's Preliminary had a flying sitspin, flying camel and a sit change sit in it. Same friend now competes Pre-Juvenile with a layback, flying sitspin and flying camel-backsit-front sit. Other friend in Pre-Juvenile has flying camel-backsit-front sit, sit-broken leg and flying camel.

xofivebyfive
07-24-2007, 11:21 AM
Thank you! You have all been really helpful.