View Full Version : BITA Winter Adult Skating Camp 2007

BITA Webmaster
07-22-2007, 05:57 PM
BITA Winter Adult Skating Camp 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Following the success of our last BITA Adult Skating Camp held at iceSheffield, we are proud to announce our 2007 Winter Adult Free Skating Camp.

The camp will be held at iceSheffield between 5th - 7th November. We are lucky to have top class, world renowned lead coaches, Dawn Peckett, Jimmy Young and Margaret O'Neill. They will be assisted by David Hartley, Mark Hanratty and Andrew Smykowski.

The camp will cover:
Edgework
Field Moves
Free Skate
Choreography
Off Ice Jump Preparation
Off Ice Conditioning

We would like to welcome all skating adults, Skate UK Level 8 and above to attend.

Check out our website for more details. BITA Website (http://www.bita-uk.com)

NickiT
07-23-2007, 06:21 AM
I enjoyed the last one so much I hope to make this one!

Nicki

icetrix
07-24-2007, 09:14 AM
Fantastic idea, but once again, WHY oh WHY is the camp on during the week (Mon - Wed)?? For the second time now I feel so upset as, being a teacher, I am not allowed to take time off for this :cry: and I know I'm not alone in wishing that it could have been arranged for the weekend..

Is there a chance of a weekend camp to accommodate the people who can't take time off during the working week?

:cry: :cry: :cry:

BatikatII
07-24-2007, 02:11 PM
I hope I might be able to make this one after missing the last one - it sounded like everyone had a lot of fun as well as learning things!

RoaringSkates
07-30-2007, 03:14 PM
One of the reasons why I think the adult camp in New Jersey does so well is because it's over a weekend. It's simply easier for most adults to attend - it's short, and it's not on a weekday.

How is the attendance at this UK event?

NickiT
07-30-2007, 03:28 PM
There were 45 at the camp held in June which I thought was a good number. The groups were small enough to enable us to all get individual attention, but there were enough to make it worthwhile. I think the reason they don't hold them over the weekend is simply the cost of ice time. It's a shame for those who can't take time off during the week though.

Nicki

RoaringSkates
07-31-2007, 11:05 AM
I see. The camp in New Jersey has a couple hundred skaters, I believe. They thus have more staff. I suppose the weekend timing does make the difference.

The British camp sounds fun. Is it mostly local skaters, or do skaters come in from other countries as well?