View Full Version : Risport Skates

sk8tegirl06
07-19-2007, 01:42 PM
Any opinions on Risport skates? I am looking at probably getting new skates in the next 3-4 months. I currently have Risport Lasers with MK 2000 blades. I like them and they have lasted a long time. (Approx. 2-2.5 seasons of wear) Unfortunately, I have been skating on and off for the last 6-7 years so they haven't been consistently used. I had them stretched to buy a little more time in them, but now they are starting to bend around the ankles a little bit.

In researching new skates, I am finding out the Risports tend to run narrow. This could explain a lot, considering I have very wide feet. I probably should go up at least a size in boots as well. I am working to pass pre-pre MITF/freestyle by the end of the summer/beginning of fall. I am also doing synchro in the fall as well. In total, I will probably be skating 4-6 hours a week. Thanks in advance!

Helen88
07-19-2007, 02:17 PM
When I got my first (and current) pairs of boots, I went into the shop intending to but Risports - tried them on and I could barely get my feet into them. They do definitley (God, I can NEVER spell that!!) run narrow, and they didn't agree with my wide feet! My friend has them and she seems quite happy with them - but we're still doing LTS so I'm not sure how valid this is...

sk8tegirl06
07-19-2007, 02:21 PM
Well that is the strange thing, my wide feet do fit into them, sort of...I think they are a size or so small. I have had them since like 6th grade and I am in college now. So I think my feet have grown since then. :oops:

Evelina
07-21-2007, 05:23 PM
I skate in Risports. I generally have wide feet which sometimes causes me problems when buying normal shoes but I have had no problems with Risports. I don't need any bungapads or anything else in the boot and I have no issues at all. I've been skating in them for about 15 months now. Hope this helps you!

sk8tegirl06
07-21-2007, 10:29 PM
Thanks for the opinions. I plan on going to a professional fitter and trying on a variety of brands, but like the possibility of staying with Risports.

NickiT
07-22-2007, 04:20 AM
It's definitely worth seeing a professional fitter. I used to skate in Risports but I found out sometime along the line that they were too big for me. Because they were such a narrow boot I'd compensated by buying a bigger size resulting in me not having my weight over the correct part of the blade, and therefore finding spinning very difficult. I was re-fitted with Gams and went down a couple of sizes in the blade and hey presto, I could spin.

Nicki

Ice Dancer
07-22-2007, 02:48 PM
I have Risports, and I have had no problems at all with them. I don't have narrow feet, they are sort of average I think, and they are exactly the same size as my normal shoes. Apart from having to get used to new blades with a decent rocker, I had no problems at all with them and I will definately get Risports again.

miraclegro
07-22-2007, 11:38 PM
A friend of mine has Risports and loves them, and i know she doesn't have a narrow foot. She is a large girl and i know her feet aren't narrow.

BatikatII
07-24-2007, 02:15 PM
It seems to depend on the shape of your feet as well as width. My son had wide feet but a very high instep and he found Risports fit best as they seem to suit a high instep but you just have to try a few brands.

I was told SP Teri's were good for wide feet but I could not get my wide feet in to them - they felt really narrow.

blackmanskating
07-24-2007, 03:26 PM
I have wide feet as well and I found that Jacksons fit me very well. They are cut wide so medium width worked surprisingly well for me. But you are on the right track with getting a professional fitter. Try on different brands before making your decision.

BlackManSkating

Sessy
08-05-2007, 04:12 PM
Don't think I replied to this thread yet.

Well, risports are almost undestroyable it seems - I hear very rarely about risports being broken down. Well I broke down a pair of etoiles doing lutzes, and I weigh over 120 pounds, so that sorta figured it would happen.
But I got really bad bumps from them. They're not for VERY narrow feet, not for wide feet either - EDEA is for that. I'll be switching to jacksons cuz they have more heel space - I got bad bone spurs on my heels from the risports.

alhrayth
08-06-2007, 10:48 AM
I second anyone who said that's not only with, but shape...
but anyway, my experience with risports is... AAAAAAARGH pain. So much pain, I desperately wanted to get them out after 20 minutes on the ice (impossible when my synchro practice lasted at least 50 mins!) ... I tried more brands, considered Grafs but were just not in my budget, settled down on CFs (relatively unknown Italian brand) and I totally love them... never ever hand pain anymore.
Edeas did actually seem to fit when I tried them, but I don't like the lacing system...