View Full Version : FINALLY! new skates

liya_skatergirl
07-19-2007, 08:07 AM
i finally got new skates, and they are jackson mystiques! i love them dearly (given that i bought them with my own money and im 16. haha) and I am in Beta.

I have been having really bad problems with my previous skates. they were a christmas gift to me from my parents, and they, without asking me, bought from a sports shop. it lasted me for barely 6 months, by the end of the six months, i could barely do stroking. so, i decided to buy skates, and had to pay on my own since mum and dad wouldnt shoulder the expense (mom's all out support on me doing this, but dad... its... a different story :giveup: )

i've used them only thrice, and i love them! I have never had problems with breaking in skates. i only wore my skates sitting down in the house for less than 30 mins... then went to the rink. haha. right then and there, on my first skating session, everything was naturally there and i loved the blades so much! i was finally able to get my outside spiral (which my coach and i have been having problems on the past month) and hold it long enough, or maybe even longer, and i learned two foot spins on them on my 2nd time at the rink.

finally, the skates whose heels almost peeled off are GONE! lol

Mrs Redboots
07-19-2007, 09:08 AM
That's great news. My husband is loving his, too, although he still feels a little unsteady in them, I think. But he keeps saying "My feet don't hurt!" and sounding amazed.

I pointed out to him that modern skates do hurt far less while you get used to them.....

Petlover
07-19-2007, 11:52 AM
Hooray! I think it's great that you were motivated enough to pay for your own, isn't it a great feeling to know that YOU bought them, not your parents? That's definitely a huge step toward being a responsible adult! My compliments to you.

liya_skatergirl
07-20-2007, 04:59 AM
haha. thanks pet lover :)

i've always loved the responsibility i have for it. it makes me care more for them, and be WAY more particular about maintenance. haha. after all, it's my bucks that i'll be wasting if i get them ruined.