View Full Version : Need good "shaky" spotlight music..

AshBugg44
07-18-2007, 11:10 PM
Okay so I've got a 6 year old, probably competing Alpha next year, that I need good spotlight music for. I need something that she can shake to, because oh my gosh this girl can shake and it'd be so funny! I've already got a girl that skates to "Teach Me How To Shimmy" so that's out, but any other ideas?

Isk8NYC
07-19-2007, 12:27 AM
The first thing that came to mind was "Shimmy, Shimmy, Ko-Ko-Bop" by Little Anthony and the Imperials. http://www.cduniverse.com/search/xx/music/pid/6730034/a/Shimmy,+Shimmy,+Ko-Ko-Bop+And+Other+Favorites.htm

Or...

"The Hippy, Hippy Shake" which the Beatles and several other groups performed.
http://www.amazon.com/Hippy-Shake-Definitive-Collection/dp/B00000DR4P

AshBugg44
07-19-2007, 09:05 AM
"The Hippy, Hippy Shake" which the Beatles and several other groups performed.
http://www.amazon.com/Hippy-Shake-Definitive-Collection/dp/B00000DR4P

That was one of my ideas! Actually, my only idea! lol ;)

Thanks for the suggestions!

Clarice
07-19-2007, 09:14 AM
"Shake, Rattle, and Roll"? I don't know all the lyrics, though, so I'm not 100% certain of how appropriate it would be.

Mrs Redboots
07-19-2007, 09:27 AM
She is, of course, far too young for "I see ya', baby, shakin' that ###!" which is used here to advertise Renault Mégane cars....

3skatekiddos
07-19-2007, 11:21 AM
She is, of course, far too young for "I see ya', baby, shakin' that ###!" which is used here to advertise Renault Mégane cars....

That was my laugh of today. I was picturing the looks of outrage and shock if my 5 YO DD skates to that. But I have a weird sense of humour.

*skate, skate, bum wiggle, skate, skate, bum wiggle* LOL

AshBugg44
07-19-2007, 07:56 PM

Thanks for the good laugh! lol :)

Skittl1321
07-20-2007, 07:27 AM
I thought I'd throw out "shake your groove thing"

blue111moon
07-20-2007, 08:28 AM
Neil McCoy's "The Shake" is a little more contemporary, although a lot more country, than some of the others mentioned. His video features a bunch of little girls, along with women of all ages, sizes and shapes, so it could be approriate for family viewing. :)

AW1
07-20-2007, 09:50 AM
what about "feelin hot hot hot!" by Buster Poindexter but there's a VERY VERY cute version sung by ELMO!! ... my daughter did a jazz dance routine to it and it was so cute - lots of shimmying LOL! Lyrics aren't too suggestive either really...

or "shake a tail feather" from the Blues Brothers

Isk8NYC
07-20-2007, 10:26 AM
AW1 - you just reminded me of something for spotlight/vocals allowed programs.

If there's a song your skater really likes but the lyrics are a problem, check out Radio Disney's "Jam" CD's for cleaner versions. Radio Disney (http://www.radiodisney.com/) plays what some people might consider "censored" songs where objectionable lyrics are dubbed with more acceptable ones. Either they're editing geniuses or the artists record different versions. Regardless, this is an option to remember.

For example the song "1985" has a line that says the girl was "gonna shake her *** on White Snake's car." The Disneyfied version says "gonna shake IT right on White Snake's car."

Their version of the "Cha Cha Slide" is another example. I'm so used to it by now, I can't even remember what the original lines were that they replaced.

Back OT - there's two more suggestions!

Plus: "Shake It Up Baby!" by the Isley Brothers or The Beatles.

luckeylasvegas
07-20-2007, 11:37 AM
How about " I like to move it move it" from the movie Madagascar. Or "Do you love me " the song from dirty dancing. "Great Balls of Fire"

AshBugg44
07-21-2007, 06:25 PM
Lots of great suggestions. Thanks so much guys! :)

SynchroSk8r114
07-21-2007, 08:32 PM
I just remembered Elvis's "All Shook Up"...

AshBugg44
07-24-2007, 07:28 PM
I've decided on "Shake Your Groove Thang"

Thanks so much for the input everyone! :)