View Full Version : Finally!

Dustin
09-20-2002, 05:56 PM
I finally got my 2 axel back! I decided not to worry about height for now and just do a 3 or 4 inch high one and spin fast, and it worked.

For anyone else working on them, a tip - don't get all tight going into it, let the leg and arms relax until they reach maximum height then snap in fast. It really keeps you straight and extremely fast rotation. :)

Lee
09-20-2002, 06:00 PM
Congratulations, Dustin! I know how hard you've been working to get that thing back! Keep it up! :)

TashaKat
09-21-2002, 04:06 AM
Well done :) That is a huge milestone, my friend had the same problem but now is pretty much consistent on it :D

.... if only I could get my SINGLE axel! Any tips would be greatly appreciated

L x

Alexeiskate
09-21-2002, 08:29 AM
Congrats Dustin.

My last clean 2axel was almost two years ago and haven't been able to get it back. I keep coming down on it about 1/4 rotation short and either fall or have to put down both feet to stand upright. Is your body straight when you rotate ? My legs are bent at the knees and I think this is one reason why I'm not able to get the tight, fast rotations to complete the jump in the air.

Dustin
09-21-2002, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by Alexeiskate
Congrats Dustin.

My last clean 2axel was almost two years ago and haven't been able to get it back. I keep coming down on it about 1/4 rotation short and either fall or have to put down both feet to stand upright. Is your body straight when you rotate ? My legs are bent at the knees and I think this is one reason why I'm not able to get the tight, fast rotations to complete the jump in the air.

I landed it for the first time about 3 (I think) years ago and it has been inconsistent off and on since. Try doing it off ice and straightening your knees and get the timing of the arms and legs perfect before you try it on the ice.

icenut84
09-21-2002, 11:20 AM
Well done! :D