View Full Version : Overheard At the Rink

Emberchyld
07-09-2007, 07:12 PM
Just thought I'd share this little bit of information that I heard being shared between one adult hockey skater and another after public skate:

Adult #1: You did pretty well out there, you new to skating?

Adult #2: Yeah, I've only been skating a little while. (I have to admit, he was skating really well and working on some great drills all throughout the session without fail... except when he was trying to catch my attention to ask random skating questions... usually by skating up while I was trying to set up a spin or jump... :frus: )

Adult #1: Good choice in hobby. Y'know, chicks really dig skaters.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And that's when I left to change, trying not to laugh at the entire exchange.

So, what's the most amusing thing you've overheard at the rink?

dbny
07-09-2007, 07:46 PM
This wasn't overheard, it was said directly to me, but is most definitely the strangest and funniest thing I've ever heard at a rink.

There was a school group at the public session, and while I was putting my skates on, one of the adults with them sat down next to me. As I put on my blade guards, he watched with interest, and then asked if they were "trainers." I just sat with a puzzled look on my face, until he said, "you know, to help learn to skate."

liz_on_ice
07-09-2007, 08:00 PM
There was a school group at the public session, and while I was putting my skates on, one of the adults with them sat down next to me. As I put on my blade guards, he watched with interest, and then asked if they were "trainers." I just sat with a puzzled look on my face, until he said, "you know, to help learn to skate."

Right. And as we've all confessed over in the blade guard thread, we skate so much better with them on!

-Liz

sue123
07-09-2007, 08:07 PM
Also not overheard, but said directly to me. Here's the background: I had been at an empty public session during the day, around 10 am, and it was a school day. I was 19 at the time, and didn't have classes, so I went. Anyways, I get off the ice, and I'm getting my shoes on, getting my car keys out, etc. and I have this lovely exchange with another woman (AW)

AW: Hello dear.
me: Hi
AW: This may come across a bit strange, but are you looking to date somebody? Only I have a son about your age, and it would be great to introduce you.
me: How old is your son?
aw: Oh, he's 15.
me: I think it might be slightly illegal for me to date your son. I'm 19.

The look on that woman's face was priceless. She apologized and told me that I'll be so happy if when I'm 30, people will think I'm still in my early 20's. Now, nothing against this woman, but how would a 15 year old be at the rink in the middle of the day, driving her own car, especially because you can't get a permit until you're 16. Also, I am a bit more...developed than the average 15 year old. It's a fact that's kinda hard to hide.

jazzpants
07-09-2007, 08:16 PM
Well, I was asked at the ticket counter at my old weekend rink if I was a "adult or child". I said "Did you just asked me if I was a kid or an adult?" She said "Yes." I said "Lady, you just made my day today!!! I'm in my mid-30's!!!" :twisted: :lol: :bow:

froggy
07-09-2007, 08:34 PM
some funny ones

1. from a little kid wide eyed looking up at me: "wow are you a famous skater??!!"

that kid really made my day, and that was w/o even doing any moves on the ice, it was right when I came on the ice that she said that

2. being accidently charged the child 13 and under rate! along those lines, I once came to an early am session and the security guard approached me and asked me if my mom/dad just dropped me off!

3. once a hockey dad approached me at the end of the session and started giving me tips about my posture! LOL

Mercedeslove
07-09-2007, 11:39 PM
this reminds me of that site overheard in NYC, which I love btw

To me.

"wow I did know old people could skate so good. I hope when I am old I can skate like that"

he was about 8 and I am 28.

aussieskater
07-10-2007, 12:00 AM
Said to me while I was removing my (very fluffy) fur soakers: "Are they to keep your blades warm?" (The enquirer was deadly serious... :D )

dbny
07-10-2007, 12:13 AM
Said to me while I was removing my (very fluffy) fur soakers: "Are they to keep your blades warm?" (The enquirer was deadly serious... :D )

Probably related to the guy who asked about my "trainers." :lol:

kander
07-10-2007, 01:41 AM
Being a male figure skater, you have to be secure in yourself. I've had people ask me if I'm gay, follow me into the bathroom, and leave phone numbers in my shoes. Skating moms leave me alone in the lobby. I don't know if it's because they think I'm gay or I intimidate them (I'm a big guy). Kids don't have the pre-conceptions and tend to come up to me and ask questions frequently.

jazzpants
07-10-2007, 02:00 AM
Skating moms leave me alone in the lobby. I don't know if it's because they think I'm gay or I intimidate them (I'm a big guy). Ever thought that it could be b/c they're watching their kid to make sure you don't snatch them or something. That's the first thing I would be thinking if I was a skating mom and I have a big guy who's a stranger and came alone to skate.

Blade guards as "trainers." LOL!!! Too funny!!! :lol:

peanutskates
07-10-2007, 02:19 AM
Blade guards as "trainers."

maybe to teach you to fall... cuz if you're scared to fall on purpose, you just put the guards on, step out, and BOOM you're over!

anyway, said to me: (by 2 7/8 yr olds)

"wow, are you professional?"

and by one of my friends:

"oh wow, you're so good... you can do that backward skating thingy..."

lol...

airyfairy76
07-10-2007, 03:44 AM
I've had the "Are you a professional ska'aah?" (I live in London - there are certain ways the kids have to talk . . . ). I was only taking my skates off at the time :lol:

And my favourite, from a similar person, "Are they designaah skates miss?"

Morgail
07-10-2007, 07:04 AM
At a public session, one mom told me that her daughter said that I must be a professional skater since I had the "white skates."

Figureskates
07-10-2007, 07:28 AM
I have big feet, wear size 12 boots.

One little girl, about 6 years old, skated up to me and said, "Those are the biggest figure skates I have ever seen....are you a giant?"

I'm only 6 feet tall......

FLskater
07-10-2007, 02:46 PM
A few years back a little girl came up to me & exclaimed, "I saw you skating on tv yesterday!" I told her she was mistaken, but she insisted it was me. Ha! If only!

While not at the rink, but in the lobby when a bunch of us saw Stars on Ice - an older gentleman who was selling soft drinks asked me & my friend if we skate. (She pointed out her skating club jacket.) When we said yes, he asked if we could skate backwards - I tell you, that man was so impressed I thought he was going to ask for our autographs! For just skating backwards!

Laura H
07-10-2007, 02:58 PM
I didn't personally hear this one, DH told me about it.

My son was on Freestyle ice at an out-of-state rink and the observant skate director says to DH . . . "HEY!! He's a figure skater??"

(what gave it away?? the . . .umm . . figure skates??? the fact that he is on . . . freestyle ice??? the fact that he is landing loops and flips? LOLOLOL . . . )

Although to give her credit, she was really nice and showed a lot of interest (and talked dh's ear off, to boot) . . . just seems that they don't have any boy skaters "in those parts!!" :lol:

Laura H
07-10-2007, 02:59 PM
I also liked this one . . .

(said shyly to me by one of my tiny classmates when I had to take Freestyle group lessons with the kids)

. . . "what level are you??" :lol:

peanutskates
07-10-2007, 03:24 PM
awwwww! that is so cute :)

yeah... there's something about backward skating that really impresses non-skaters... it's like, i tell my friends, "i landed a salchow jump... I'm learning a sitspin" and it's silent, but then they see a video of me going backwards (setting up for a jump or w/e) and it's like WOW YOU'RE AMAZING!!! pff.

liz_on_ice
07-10-2007, 07:09 PM
awwwww! that is so cute :)

yeah... there's something about backward skating that really impresses non-skaters... it's like, i tell my friends, "i landed a salchow jump... I'm learning a sitspin" and it's silent, but then they see a video of me going backwards (setting up for a jump or w/e) and it's like WOW YOU'RE AMAZING!!! pff.

You know, I'd forgotten till it came up in this thread, but learning to skate backwards was a huge "I'm a real skater now" thing for me, when I was 27. I never had lessons till I up and decided to sign myself up one day that year. My dad used to show me backwards 2-foot 'S' style swizzles when I was a kid, and I just couldn't do it. I thought it was magic. He died that same year I started skating, but I was so proud that I could tell him I could skate backwards!

-Liz

kander
07-10-2007, 07:16 PM
Ever thought that it could be b/c they're watching their kid to make sure you don't snatch them or something. That's the first thing I would be thinking if I was a skating mom and I have a big guy who's a stranger and came alone to skate.

Maybe, but I figure when they see me skate they realize I belong out there. I'm ALWAYS very aware of acting appropriately around children when I skate. By that I mean I completely ignore them. I may come off looking like a snob, but better that than a creep. When kids come up to me and make comments or ask questions, I'm polite but extract myself as fast as possible. Not too long ago a girl came up to me and wanted me to hold her hand and take her around the ice. Can you imagine what a parent would have done if they saw that?! 8O I had to explain to her that I couldn't do it because it wasn't appropriate. I don't like being mean, but that's the sad reality of the situation.

Mrs Redboots
07-11-2007, 07:41 AM
This wasn't overheard, it was said directly to me, but is most definitely the strangest and funniest thing I've ever heard at a rink.

Back in the days when I used to skate on public sessions, a coach once came over, laughing hysterically, pointing out a man who had picked up a pair of blade guards from the side of the rink (not realising that they were someone's private property), had put them on, and was "skating" round, clinging on to the barrier. Apparently she had spoken to him to try to explain that this was not how things are done - and his reply had been "Oh, these are much safer!"

Rusty Blades
07-11-2007, 08:05 AM
Funny and sad at the same time:

Little girl: How old are you?

RB: 56

Little girl: Hoooooley! You're older than my Dad!!!

RB: (Thinking "Gee, thanks a lot kid!")

I don't like being mean, but that's the sad reality of the situation.

Isn't that a sad commentary on modern life!

Isk8NYC
07-11-2007, 08:11 AM
I switched colors from my old tan boots to my new white boots. Several of my students gawked and one remarked "Boy, you really cleaned those skates!" Imagine their suprise when I started wearing black boot covers.

Petlover
07-11-2007, 11:32 AM
The darling little 12 year old who said to me and Coach "I'm one of the adults now, I just have to paste on some wrinkles!".

Hey, I've EARNED every one of my wrinkles!

Ellyn
07-11-2007, 02:05 PM
A skatedad once came up to me in the rink parking lot and told me out of the blue "I love your guts!" (for getting out there on the ice with the kids)

Sure beats "I hate your guts."

looplover
07-11-2007, 02:29 PM
The darling little 12 year old who said to me and Coach "I'm one of the adults now, I just have to paste on some wrinkles!".

Hey, I've EARNED every one of my wrinkles!

OMG!!! 8O

That's pretty funny. One day our favorite 50-something male figure skater was doing one of his shockingly low sit spins, and a kid and I were watching him. I mentioned that it was a really amazing sit spin and she (maybe 8 years old) said, "yeah, but, he's old."

Careygram
07-11-2007, 02:58 PM
At a group lesson practice session (yes, I started in group lessons when I was 26) Adriana Desanctis, all of 5 at the time, skated up to me and says "are you somebody's mom or what?". All curls and attitude and so cute I cracked up. when I told her mom what she said her mom goes "well, are YOU? Too funny.

One other good one....I walked in the rink one day at 6:30am, this little blond 7 year old (came to know her after this) looks up, gets wide eyed and says "I saw you on TV last night!". Wish I knew who she thought I was. She didn't know the skaters name. Probably one of the guys......(and yes, I'm a girl).:giveup:

Terri C
07-11-2007, 06:30 PM
At a freestyle session one day, I was telling some of the kids about how excited I was about competing at one of the all adult competitions. I was telling them how I see quite a few other skaters at other events and usually a big group goes out to dinner. One of the skaters, a 11 year old then asked me "Do you guys get drunk?" 8O . I then went on and told them that, there is some socializing, but no one get drunk.:halo:

GordonSk8erBoi
07-11-2007, 06:57 PM
Maybe, but I figure when they see me skate they realize I belong out there. I'm ALWAYS very aware of acting appropriately around children when I skate. By that I mean I completely ignore them. I may come off looking like a snob, but better that than a creep. When kids come up to me and make comments or ask questions, I'm polite but extract myself as fast as possible. Not too long ago a girl came up to me and wanted me to hold her hand and take her around the ice. Can you imagine what a parent would have done if they saw that?! 8O I had to explain to her that I couldn't do it because it wasn't appropriate. I don't like being mean, but that's the sad reality of the situation.

As a male myself, I know where you're coming from. Personally, though, I feel free to talk to kids all I want so long as we're all in plain view. I don't touch them though. A couple years ago a little girl came up to me and wanted to hold my hand, and I told her I would if her Mommy said it was okay. She did, and we became great skating buddies (all of us, including her Mom and her other skating kids).

It does help, though, if you are there all the time and people see you and get to know you. When in doubt, it's best to play it safe.

chowskates
07-11-2007, 10:29 PM
This is my conversation with a 5-year-old skater

Little skater: How old are you?
Me: Can you guess?
Little skater: Fourteen?
Me: Fourteen? Ooh, that's so young!
Little skater: Oh, you are older than my sister?

Paulie86
07-12-2007, 03:11 AM
Aww, thats adorable.

I get the "how old are you?" question a lot at skating by the younger kids. They are usually astonished to learn that I'm 20. I remember when I was 19, a girl about 10-12 asked me how old I was, knowing the response, I asked how old she thought I was. Her response was "I don't know, 14?". I laughed and told her I was 19, almost 20. I thought she was going to have a heart attack by the look on her face!

Mrs Redboots
07-12-2007, 05:56 AM
At a freestyle session one day, I was telling some of the kids about how excited I was about competing at one of the all adult competitions. I was telling them how I see quite a few other skaters at other events and usually a big group goes out to dinner. One of the skaters, a 11 year old then asked me "Do you guys get drunk?" 8O . I then went on and told them that, there is some socializing, but no one get drunk.:halo:

Hmmm, you must go to different dinners than I do!

Sonic
07-12-2007, 07:35 AM
One day a little LTS girl kept coming up and asking me if I would coach her 'Coz you're a brilliant skater'. Another good one was a young LTS lad asking if 'Can you teach him how to do an aeroplan spin like yours?'

Personally I think 'Aeroplane Spin' would be a much better name than 'Camel Spin'!

S xxx

Derek
07-12-2007, 10:59 AM
A young girl pointed me out to her mates on public ice this afternoon, I presumed because I was the oldest person on the ice, then skated up to me and asked ... 'Hey mister, are you a dancer ...?'

Terri C
07-12-2007, 07:08 PM
Today at my rink, a little girl asked her coach if she had to learn a "half nuts" (really meaning half lutz)

mikawendy
07-12-2007, 07:22 PM
Aww, thats adorable.

I get the "how old are you?" question a lot at skating by the younger kids. They are usually astonished to learn that I'm 20. I remember when I was 19, a girl about 10-12 asked me how old I was, knowing the response, I asked how old she thought I was. Her response was "I don't know, 14?". I laughed and told her I was 19, almost 20. I thought she was going to have a heart attack by the look on her face!

I've gotten that question, too. When I was in Basic 5 group lessons, two people in my class figured out that they were in the same gym class at their middle school. Then they turned to me and asked me what grade I was in! 8O

chowskates
07-12-2007, 07:32 PM
I've gotten that question, too. When I was in Basic 5 group lessons, two people in my class figured out that they were in the same gym class at their middle school. Then they turned to me and asked me what grade I was in! 8O

Once, a few years ago, the father of one of the 16-year-old skaters gave me a ride home from the rink. He started to make conversation by "so, which school are you in?"

Skittl1321
07-12-2007, 07:44 PM

I always answer that by saying I used to teach 4th grade :)

kander
07-12-2007, 07:47 PM
A long time ago I did a waltz jump and a kid asked me if it was a triple axel. Of course I said yes :twisted: There is one person in this world who thinks I did a triple axel :lol:

Emberchyld
07-12-2007, 09:47 PM
Today at my rink, a little girl asked her coach if she had to learn a "half nuts" (really meaning half lutz)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Okay, so that one made my day....

Ice T
07-13-2007, 08:57 AM
OK, I have a few....

A few years ago one of the little boys had a crush on me because he thought I was in junior high. However, his group of friends (whom I have known for a long time) quickly informed him that I much older by saying, "she's married.....she can DRIVE!"

Ha! Love the fact that driving determines your age....

Not too long ago I was in the ladies room wearing my skating dress and putting my hair up for practice when a little girl comes up to me and says, "are you like a mom......or are you like a kid?"

Ha! I guess no one really knows what category to put an adult sketer in. Since I don't have kids yet, and I look younger than I am, and I FEEL young, I went with the kid option.

And then this one this week. I skated a public session with a friend on Sunday. When I got off the ice, a group of young teenage girls asked me, "did you used to be a figure skater?" I laughed and replied, "USED to be??? I still AM!!"

sue123
07-13-2007, 09:14 AM
OK, I have a few....

A few years ago one of the little boys had a crush on me because he thought I was in junior high. However, his group of friends (whom I have known for a long time) quickly informed him that I much older by saying, "she's married.....she can DRIVE!"

Ha! Love the fact that driving determines your age....

I took my sister's boyfriend's little sister to the movies the other day. she's 15. Her friend came and joined us as well. So her friend says to me "Oh yea, you can drive, you're old!" I said gee thanks, I'm only 7 years older. Talking about feeling old, my best friends little sister, who I've known since she was born, is starting college in August. I know it has nothing to do with the rink, but just reminded me.

Now back to your regularly scheduled discussion.

jazzpants
07-13-2007, 11:28 AM
At Skate SF 2005 comp... I was going to the ladies room to get my competition dress on. There was this woman putting on her makeup and I asked her "so what event are you in?" She said "Pre-Bronze." So then I asked her "Oh? Me too! So which Pre-Bronze (age) group are you in? (I was scoping out to see if I had to compete against her...) She said "Pre-Bronze I and II" I said "Oh, not my group! I'm a III and in the III-V group." Still putting on her blush, she said "Oh? You sure don't look it. You look like a I." 8O (Bless you, lady... bless you!!! I was turning 38 the very next day!!!) :bow: :bow: :bow:

Terri: "Half nuts???" I guess I'm learning a "whole nuts" then!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

CanAmSk8ter
07-16-2007, 05:00 PM
I was teaching a six-year-old last fall who, out of the blue, asked me if I was a teenager. I told her no, I'm a little older than that. "Oh," she says, "My dad thought you were probably like in high school." I get this a lot; I'll be 26 next month but people usually guess I'm about 16. The funniest thing was that this little girl's dad was a professor at the college I went to (and graduated from!) He was within my school, too; he's one of three or four professors in that department whose class I was never in.

This didn't happen at a rink, but when I was about 20 or 21, I used to babysit occasionally for a Jewish family on my street with a four-year-old girl, who wanted to know if I had had my bat mitzvah yet (no, I'm not Jewish).

Just last week on vacation with my mom I was charged the child rate at a public session. I'm pretty sure the child rate was 14 and under :giveup:

jazzpants
07-16-2007, 05:30 PM
Just last week on vacation with my mom I was charged the child rate at a public session. I'm pretty sure the child rate was 14 and under :giveup:Trust me...enjoy the savings!!! Use it towards a cheap beer or coffee or somethin' kids' wouldn't drink that you would! ;) :lol:

Scarlett
07-16-2007, 05:47 PM
I occassionally get charged the child's rate at one of the rinks I frequent...I just politely smile and take the discount...I'm 30.

TreSk8sAZ
07-16-2007, 05:48 PM
I was teaching a six-year-old last fall who, out of the blue, asked me if I was a teenager. I told her no, I'm a little older than that. "Oh," she says, "My dad thought you were probably like in high school." I get this a lot; I'll be 26 next month but people usually guess I'm about 16.

I just turned 23, and I'm constantly being asked what high school I go to!

This one happened today: Back on the ice for the first time in awhile, I couldn't do much. So when the kids wanted to see something I explained what I was allowed to do and what I wasn't. Of course, then they all spent 15 minutes demonstrating the moves I wasn't allowed to do and asking, "So, you can't do this?":lol:

jazzpants
07-16-2007, 11:29 PM
Tee hee hee... they have a new gal at the ticket booth today at my rink... and she asked if I was child or adult!!! I then said "Last I've checked, I'm an adult..." (*sigh* I had to be honest. Besides, one of the rink managers was overlook her shoulder and he knows who I am. And besides that I have a rep for be honest unless the staff insists on me not being honest... then it's fair game! :twisted: ) The lady at the counter apologized and I said "No need to apologize! You just paid me a compliment." She said "How so?" I then showed her my driver license and told her specifically to see what my b-day is. Once she saw it she went "OOOOH!!!" 8O, then :lol: :P "I see!!!" Me: ;)

Sk8Bunny
07-17-2007, 01:49 AM
one day i got the biggest chuckle out of a young kid who, as i walking to the lobby w/ my skates still on and tights pulled over them, asked so innocently: "where are your skates hiding, i cant find them?" I then attempted to explain to a very perplexed little girl that the tights went over my boots, and that my skates weren't actually hiding. :)

Mrs Redboots
07-17-2007, 06:59 AM
I
Just last week on vacation with my mom I was charged the child rate at a public session. I'm pretty sure the child rate was 14 and under :giveup:

Do you get carded a lot? I am always amused by the notices in our supermarkets these days: "If you are lucky enough to look under 21, please do not be offended if we ask for proof of age when you purchase restricted items."

CanAmSk8ter
07-17-2007, 10:50 AM
Do you get carded a lot? I am always amused by the notices in our supermarkets these days: "If you are lucky enough to look under 21, please do not be offended if we ask for proof of age when you purchase restricted items."

Always! Even in Quebec last week, where the drinking age is 18 instead of 21, I got carded. My dad always tells me that my aunt was getting carded at 26 when the drinking age here was 18, but I'm easily going to be getting carded at 30 at this rate. :shrug: what can you do?

Isk8NYC
07-17-2007, 11:25 AM
I occassionally get charged the child's rate at one of the rinks I frequent...I just politely smile and take the discount...I'm 30.It might be because you skate there frequently. Depends on who's working the cashier's station. At one rink, the man would charge me a public session rate for mid-day freestyles because I was arriving late. (It was either that or not skating.) One of the municipal rinks always charged me the "in town" rate because I taught on their sessions.

Rusty Blades
07-17-2007, 12:33 PM
Always! Even in Quebec last week, where the drinking age is 18 instead of 21, I got carded.

When I was 18 the "legal age" was 21 and I never got carded. The year I turned 21, the legal age dropped to 18 and I got carded every darned time until I was almost 30!

I am now 58 and just bought cigs at a store I don't normally frequent. I told the lady behind the counter (probably similar age) "You would have REALLY made my day if you had asked for proof of age!" She replied, "Oh, I just assumed we were close to the same age - 19 or 20!" Bless her heart!

Mainemom
07-17-2007, 05:59 PM
My poor DD has the opposite problem - she has always been very tall (she's almost 5'7") and mature-looking (NOT always mature-acting) for her age and people always assume she is in high school but she's only 12! She loves it, of course, but I keep reminding her that when she really is older it won't be quite so much fun.

Scarlett
07-17-2007, 09:36 PM
It might be because you skate there frequently. Depends on who's working the cashier's station. At one rink, the man would charge me a public session rate for mid-day freestyles because I was arriving late. (It was either that or not skating.) One of the municipal rinks always charged me the "in town" rate because I taught on their sessions.

That would be nice but in my case it is because I truly don't look my age. I'm not complaining though. :)

Helen88
07-18-2007, 03:41 AM
There's an really sweet little girl (7 maybe? 8?) in my LTS class (level 6 test tomorrow :frus:) who came up to me after the lesson (she's on level 5 - we've got a mixed class) and told me she 'really hoped I passed because I was a really good figure skater' (level 6!?). I just blushed and told her I hoped she passed too, but I could feel her eyes boring into me for the rest of the public session, and I kept feeling I was going to do something stupid :roll:. I'm only a level ahead of her! And almost twice as old if she's 7...

jskater49
07-18-2007, 08:07 AM
My poor DD has the opposite problem - she has always been very tall (she's almost 5'7") and mature-looking (NOT always mature-acting) for her age and people always assume she is in high school but she's only 12! She loves it, of course, but I keep reminding her that when she really is older it won't be quite so much fun.

Unless she is like my sister who, when she was 14 looked about 20 and then when she was 30 looked 20 as well.

j

Petlover
07-18-2007, 01:01 PM
When I was 18 the "legal age" was 21 and I never got carded. The year I turned 21, the legal age dropped to 18 and I got carded every darned time until I was almost 30!

I am now 58 and just bought cigs at a store I don't normally frequent. I told the lady behind the counter (probably similar age) "You would have REALLY made my day if you had asked for proof of age!" She replied, "Oh, I just assumed we were close to the same age - 19 or 20!" Bless her heart!

I really love Tennessee - when I was on vacation, I (53 years old) got carded every time I bought alcohol! Apparently, there is a state law that they card EVERYONE, even if you are 90 years old. Actually, it's a pretty good law.......

jskater49
07-18-2007, 01:19 PM
The grocery store where I shop cards everyone. I tried to make a joke "Oh that happens to me all the time people think I'm so young" and the guy totally deadpans "Mam - we card everyone"

Gee thanks.

j