View Full Version : Adult Events at Shores Autumn Classic Sept. 13-16 - Michigan

JessicaLynn
07-08-2007, 07:51 PM
I am happy to announce that my home club, the St Clair Shores Figure Skating Club, has finally added Adult competitive events to the line-up for their annual competition, the Shores Autumn Classic. This competition is celebrating it's 25th year!

I am one of a few competing adult club members at Shores, and I worked hard to convince the board and director of skating to get adult events this year. I was told that if the participation this year is minimal, they will never again hold adult events.

This competition is September 13-16. Here is the link to the info: http://www.sk8stuff.com/utility/lister_event_detail.asp?id=3553

If you are in the Michigan area, why not consider this for your September competition? They have Bronze through Masters. (They do not have a Pre-Bronze, but pre-bronzes can 'skate up').

Let me know if you have any questions. It would be great to see you guys at this year's competition!

Thanks! :)

CanadianAdult
07-08-2007, 11:23 PM
I've got two questions for you:

Is there a Skate Canada sanction for sure? I saw it on the announcement but not on the entry form.

And, what day might possibly the adult events happen? It looks like the competition is scheduled to run Thursday to Sunday, you might get a couple of Canadians if the adult events are on a weekend.

singerskates
07-09-2007, 01:39 PM
I've got two questions for you:

Is there a Skate Canada sanction for sure? I saw it on the announcement but not on the entry form.

And, what day might possibly the adult events happen? It looks like the competition is scheduled to run Thursday to Sunday, you might get a couple of Canadians if the adult events are on a weekend.

I'm assuming that you are also a WOS adult skater. I wrote our WOS adult section rep Carol Moir and told her about this competition. I also asked her if we could register through WOS so that we can keep our program lengths. So far Carol has not emailed me back. Maybe WOS might list this event in the adult page of the WOS section page.

PS: In which town/city are you located? I'm from Windsor, ON and it's an easy drive to go to St. Clair Shores for the competition. I'm just wondering if I will have a program ready in time for the competion. I am in summer skating school at the moment but have lots of things to regain and to learn new to compete and test. Wish we had adult testing in Canada like the US. I would have passed Adult Bronze a few years ago but then maybe I'd have to take the Adult Silver test if we had the same test as the US Adult tests.

Brigitte

CanadianAdult
07-09-2007, 05:50 PM
I'd do my old preliminary free program at 1:30. I'd have to figure out the jumps based on IJS/CoP though with only 4 jump slots. I have a bunch of programs of various lengths, so I'd just pick one that's closest to their requirements and adapt. This means I'd have to practice jumps again 8O

jskater49
07-09-2007, 08:42 PM
I am one of a few competing adult club members at Shores, and I worked hard to convince the board and director of skating to get adult events this year. I was told that if the participation this year is minimal, they will never again hold adult events.

I just do not understand that attitude. At our club competition I said I didn't want to compete against kids in dance and the competition chair said "okay you can do an adult dutch waltz against the book"

Of course the comp chair was an adult skater.

Oh and I finished 3rd. Against the book. :roll: I still stood on the podium and had my picture taken. :bow: :bow: :bow:

j

Mel On Ice
07-10-2007, 09:29 AM
I don't want to compete on my birthday although my sister lives less than 5 minutes away.

JessicaLynn
07-10-2007, 11:50 AM
I just do not understand that attitude. At our club competition I said I didn't want to compete against kids in dance and the competition chair said "okay you can do an adult dutch waltz against the book"

Of course the comp chair was an adult skater.

Oh and I finished 3rd. Against the book. :roll: I still stood on the podium and had my picture taken. :bow: :bow: :bow:

j

Good for you! :)

We also had to fight for adult ice show numbers. But it is really coming along becasue this year we had 9 adults (most were from Learn-to-skate) and we did 2 numbers!! :)

JessicaLynn
08-01-2007, 06:43 AM
Just a reminder that entries for this must be posted today!

Anyone planning to come? See you there :)