View Full Version : If you do more then one Discipline,which one do you like doing the best,and why?

FSWer
07-07-2007, 02:23 PM
Say,for those of you skaters here who do more then one Discipline. Please tell me which one of your Disciplines you like doing the best and why?

IceDancerxx
07-07-2007, 02:40 PM
haha! I only do compulsory dance! I wish I could do freeskate.

Morgail
07-07-2007, 03:13 PM
I do freestyle and some ice dance. I prefer freestyle because I'm addicted to spinning and jumping:) I enjoy dance, but I think I'd be sad if I couldn't do freestyle anymore.

*JennaD*
07-07-2007, 03:27 PM
I do dance, freestyle and skills...yay skills...I love freestyle and dance almost the same amount! I'm just a bit frustrated with dance right now because I keep failing the same dance, but I still love it...I love freestyle because I love to jump :)

Mrs Redboots
07-08-2007, 05:47 AM
I do dance and interp - love them both, but take dance far more seriously.

flo
07-09-2007, 09:30 AM
I do FS, pairs and interpretive. I think my favorites are pairs and interpretive. I find that fs has too many rules and not enough skating for me now. I like pairs because I can do more with another person. I like interpretive because I can be more creative and really skate!

SynchroSk8r114
07-09-2007, 07:05 PM
I skate three disciplines:
Intermediate freestyle
Pre-Gold dances
Collegiate-level synchronized skating
I don't have a favorite though; I like each discipline for its own reason...

With freestyle, I love to jump and go fast. I also like to do challenging footwork and having to work hard to earn my abilities. Skating doesn't come easy to everyone, and I like the rewards of working hard, self-discipline, physical strength, etc. With singles skating, there's only one person who can make it all come together: yourself!

With dance, I like that I am really good at it. I have great knees and edges and can get power and flow from nowhere. I also love wearing dance dresses - they're so beautiful between the long, flowy skirts and rhinestones. Dance makes a girl feel so beautiful. You've got a man (partner) all to your own who is out there to make you look as good as possible, esp. during tests. When waltzing, I love feeling like I'm in a grand ballroom - almost like Audrey Hepburn in My Fair Lady! During tangos, I love the passion of the moves and the sharpness of the dance. Finally, I love foxtrots because I can skate them smoothly with my awesome edges...

Finally, synchro is wonderful because of the team aspect you don't get from singles skating. You always have someone to share the ups and downs of the sport with. There's nothing like winning with 12 of your best friends. In fact, I've met two of my best friends through synchro. Like freestyle, I like having to put a lot of effort into synchro in order to make it look good. I also love getting lifted during exhibitions even though we can't do lifts at competitions. On a more shallow level, I love getting all dolled up for shows and competitions - the hair, the make-up, the dresses...it makes me feel so pretty!

Mel On Ice
07-09-2007, 07:18 PM
I do singles primarily,and I've competed pairs (ok, interp pairs), dance and synchro.

I really love the interp pairs experience from beginning to end: concept, choreography, learning new skills, skating with a friend, WINNING, and performing it in practice and exhibitions. Every time we practiced this program, skaters just naturally cleared and gave us space to do our thing.