View Full Version : ISI Patches?

ghostwritergirl
07-07-2007, 10:45 AM
I would like to do something fun with my duaghter's ISI test patches that she can have as a keesake.

Any suggestions or ideas? :giveup: I am generally a "crafty" person, but I'm drawing a blank on this one.

Thanks!

mdvask8r
07-07-2007, 10:55 AM
Arrange them all on a piece of fabric then make a pillow out of it.
Use them to frame a collage of pictures of her skating.

Isk8NYC
07-07-2007, 12:54 PM
Most people put the patches on a Club jacket, but it's a nuisance if you change clubs or the skater outgrows his/her jacket.

The ISI had articles in their Recreational Ice Skating magazine some time ago. They asked people to send in pictures of their patch displays and showed a display board that used all of the patches to spell out "ISI." Cute.

Some of the photos send in showed very creative wall displays, usually nesting the angles together like pattern blocks. I can't find the issue online, but if I do, I'll revise this post.

My patches are all in a ziplock baggie in a dresser drawre, along with my pins from various competitions.

techskater
07-07-2007, 08:11 PM
How about putting them in a frame?

littlekateskate
07-07-2007, 08:47 PM
Yea we are boring all her patches are on her skating bag. My mom put our roller skating patches on a shirt.. And i have seen girls with them on there sweaters but a frame would be cute!

Skate@Delaware
07-09-2007, 09:26 PM
I was going to sew mine on my zuca bag, but if I get a new insert then my patches don't go over (I'm not ripping out the stitches and moving them)

maybe a pillow would be good. or the display frame around competitions pics. or in a scrapbook.

Summerkid710
07-11-2007, 09:59 AM
While this may not be exactly a keepsake display, you could make Christmas tree ornaments out of them. You could just put a hook through the top.

Skittl1321
07-11-2007, 01:22 PM
One of our little girls (just turned 4) has all of her patches on a jacket. Snowplow 1-3 and membership patch on one side. Basic 1-8 on the otherside. It's adorable. The mom said when she grows out of it, she'll just rebuy the patches for a new jacket.

Our skate director wishes more people would wear their patches on their practice jackets, as it definetly promotes interest in the program.

My patches just go on a scrapbook page with a little note about the level and what was difficult for me and what I liked the most. No pictures though, cause I didn't think about it at the time.

aussieskater
07-12-2007, 11:53 PM
I've made felt banners for both my dd's with their patches sewn on, and they've hung the banners on their bedroom walls.

AW1
07-13-2007, 12:36 AM
I'm making all my daughters into scrapbooking pages for her album

Mel On Ice
07-25-2007, 07:22 PM
I put all my ISI, Basic Skills and USFSA patches on my skate bag, and it served me well for 7 years. The design of the ISI badge makes for a pretty 4 petalled flower design.