View Full Version : finally got on ice videos!!

peanutskates
07-04-2007, 03:11 PM
go to my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/peanutskates to see my videos - on ice!! unfortunately, the quality of the camera (and my skating) is not the best ever but it will have to do.

so... feel free to look. erm, the toeloops were a bit rubbish today, so ignore them.

jcookie1982
07-05-2007, 05:26 PM
Your skating looked really good!

peanutskates
07-06-2007, 03:17 AM
thanks, but I noticed that my jumps have NO height... no wonder I can't get the loop. sigh. I really try... but I just don't spring up...

Sessy
07-06-2007, 06:04 AM
Not true, I've got loops of myself on video with a full revolution and LESS height and I've got more "junk in my trunk" so to speak than you do. Try that elbow thing I'm recommending in your off-ice jumps thread :) I think the problem is is that you're not taking off off the edge properly.

For the loop, the way I got it first was like... I'd go into it from a sharp and fast 3-turn, with my arms spread out, then I'd hold the outside edge till it almost flipped over to a forward edge, then I'd jump and pull in hard. I'd land it a quarter under rotated, which is enough to land it. Trick was to get the arms on the same height and not raise one over your head or drop one, cuz this throws off your balance and you fall to the side. Reflection in the boardings, dark windows at night and mirrors really helped here.
Anyway so gradually I build that into a real loop from there, once I got a feel for taking off the edge. The loop becomes easier if you take off a deep edge off. If you take off off a shallow edge, you're not using the extra rotational force the edge could give you.