View Full Version : How close are you to the members of your Synchronized Skating Team?

FSWer
06-28-2007, 11:24 PM
Say,I was wondering how close all our Synchronized Skaters here are to the members of their Teams?

Clarice
06-29-2007, 06:48 AM
We're skating friends. I see them at the rink, once a week for synchro and at other times if we happen to be practicing on the same sessions. Those of us who are married are married to non-skaters, and we all do different things outside of the rink. One of them is on the club board with me, so I see more of her, and another skates duets with me sometimes, so I see more of her, too. I played in a concert recently, and some of them came to hear it, which was very nice. We don't normally cross paths outside of the rink, though.

quarkiki2
06-29-2007, 08:28 AM
I think that's pretty much true of all adult teams -- we have great chemistry on the ice and enjoy each other's company when we're out there, but have very busy lives *outside* of skating, too. We laugh and joke during practices and support each other immensely and have a blast at competitions, but we're all in varying stages of life -- some are married, some are married with young kids, some are married with school-aged kids, some are single, some are students, and one is a teen.

Our team is a little older than Clarice's -- we've been competing for about 5 or 6 years, so we're a little more "used to" each other.

SynchroSk8r114
06-29-2007, 09:10 AM
I skate on a collegiate team, so I go to school with some of the girls I skate with and see them on campus here and there. At the rink we all get along pretty well although (as with any group), each of us has our differences. While there are a few girls on my team who would not be my top choice to hang out with outside the rink, there are others whom I've become extremely close to and can share anything with. Synchro's great in that aspect and I treasure the friendships I've made in the last year as look forward to meeting some of the girls who are coming to the team this fall. :D

Raye
07-03-2007, 02:53 AM
There are 10 skaters on my synchro team and they are among the best friends I will ever have!