View Full Version : To all Pairs,Ice-Dancers,and Synchro. Skaters.

FSWer
06-27-2007, 05:54 PM
Say,I would love to know from all you skaters who are either Pairs Skaters,Ice-Dancers,or even Synchronized Skaters, a little bit about what it was like when you first met your very first Partner,or met the skaters on your very first Synchro. Team? Were you shy? Did you bond quickly? What exactly happened? Just wondering.

flo
06-28-2007, 08:58 AM
Hi,
I met my first partner at the rink. We were both taking the edge class and group lessons together and basically learning to skate. Since we were both learning together we had a great time.

TreSk8sAZ
06-28-2007, 11:09 AM
I met my partner at a Dance Day hosted by Ryan O'Meara. My coach had told us he wanted us to try out together, so we did some of the exercises during the day together. It was a clinic so we didn't do much talking and such (plus some people from my old rink were there who I hadn't seen for awhile), but we got a feeling for how we each skated and a general idea of personality.

Rusty Blades
06-28-2007, 11:28 AM
The gentleman that I did pairs with (as a teenager) was already a member of the local skating club when I joined, so we knew each other for awhile before he asked me if I would be interested in working together. Since we were both of "above average stature" it was a good match. (It is also possible that I was "courted" to join that club as a prospective partner for this gentleman but nobody would admit it ;) )

Mrs Redboots
06-28-2007, 01:10 PM
I'd been married to mine for twenty years, so it wasn't really an issue.

IceDancerxx
07-07-2007, 02:37 PM
Say,I would love to know from all you skaters who are either Pairs Skaters,Ice-Dancers,or even Synchronized Skaters, a little bit about what it was like when you first met your very first Partner,or met the skaters on your very first Synchro. Team? Were you shy? Did you bond quickly? What exactly happened? Just wondering.

Sadly, I haven't found a partner yet! But I'm looking!