View Full Version : Int. moves slide chasse pattern

phoenix
06-24-2007, 01:02 PM
I need some clarification on the Int. Moves slide chasse pattern....I do 3 true slide chasses then mohawk, and most kids I watch do 2 slide chasses, then push (leg extension going back) to the 3rd inside edge into the mohawk. The book isn't real clear there. Here's a little video of how I do it (I was demonstrating for a student so it's pretty "loosey goosey")--see what I mean? I do 3 leg extensions in front, rather than 2 front & 1 back. Not sure if the judges would ding me for that.... http://phoenix.sk8rland.com/video/slide_chasse_int.moves.AVI

Anyone? Especially any judges out there?

techskater
06-24-2007, 02:19 PM
Free leg is optional, that's why the rulebook is unclear. I didn't do it that way when I passed and haven't really seen anyone do it like that, but if it works for you...
Check out Gold Pattern #5 video...

http://www.usfigureskating.org/Programs.asp?id=316

phoenix
06-24-2007, 02:21 PM
Free leg is optional, that's why the rulebook is unclear. I didn't do it that way when I passed and haven't really seen anyone do it like that, but if it works for you...
Check out Gold Pattern #5 video...

http://www.usfigureskating.org/Programs.asp?id=316

That pattern is done incorrectly, since she's not doing a slide chasse but rather a "push, kick" w/ the foot. That would fail the move, from what I've seen/been told around here anyway. A true slide chasse has the free foot *slide* straight to the front, w/ the skating foot creating a "pull" like the second 1/2 of a power pull, & you should hear it rip. So the question is, are there 3 slide chasses, or only 2 + a push into the mohawk?

Debbie S
06-24-2007, 03:35 PM
I'm not working on this move yet (if I ever pass Silver....) but from what I've seen of other people practicing it, it seems like everyone does the 2 chasses and then the inside edge push w/ back extension into the mohawk.

I think there's a thin line between the push/kick and the slide technique - I've seen slide chasse patterns that looked more push/kick than slide pass. Not that I would recommend doing that. :halo:

Jeanne D
06-24-2007, 03:35 PM
That pattern is done incorrectly, since she's not doing a slide chasse but rather a "push, kick" w/ the foot. That would fail the move, from what I've seen/been told around here anyway. A true slide chasse has the free foot *slide* straight to the front, w/ the skating foot creating a "pull" like the second 1/2 of a power pull, & you should hear it rip. So the question is, are there 3 slide chasses, or only 2 + a push into the mohawk?

I believe there are two slide chasses and then the push into the mohawk. After the RBO3, left inside, right inside, LFI MO. So the slide chasses would occur twice. I use the USFSA MITF tapes for reference.

saras
06-24-2007, 04:24 PM

Philip Dulebon demonstrates the move on that video right after Heather does - he does the slide chasses correctly. I have only ever seen it done with two slide chasses (labeled "slip" on the Gold pattern #5) - followed by a mohawk. I have never seen it done with three. Since the pattern lables the 3rd edge differently than the other two, I don't think that there's a 3rd slide chasse - though you probably wouldn't get failed for doing that.

I passed the Gold moves and Int moves with just two ;)

Sara

SK8RX
06-24-2007, 05:27 PM
FWI, I've never seen it done with three slide chasse's either. I also passed it as well with two slide chasses, and then the mohawk.

dbny
06-24-2007, 07:49 PM
Since the pattern lables the 3rd edge differently than the other two, I don't think that there's a 3rd slide chasse -

I also looked at the diagram and saw the same thing, no "slip" on the FI Mohawk.

phoenix
06-24-2007, 09:21 PM
Thank you everyone! that answers my question. I'll do it w/ 2 + a push into the mohawk.