View Full Version : Level, age, when did you start

littlekateskate
06-22-2007, 11:19 AM
What is your age and skating level (please list wether ISI or USFS as well please) Also what age did you start skating?

Clarice
06-22-2007, 11:25 AM
I'm 49, USFSA Adult Silver level, started at age 37. My daughter is 17, USFSA Senior level, started at age 5. We've also both started dance testing - I have 2 Preliminary dances, and she has her Bronze test plus 2 Pre-Silvers.

Skittl1321
06-22-2007, 11:38 AM
I am 25 and I began skating when I was 24. I am currently about a Freestyle 1-2 (though I stopped testing after Basic 8) and am hoping to Pass my Pre Bronze MITF at the end of the summer.

xofivebyfive
06-22-2007, 12:21 PM
I'm 16, I started skating when I was 15 and I'm in ISI FS 4. If I ever get my boot problem fixed I'll start working on my axel and double sal and toe again.

peanutskates
06-22-2007, 12:51 PM
started skating when I was 13, in January 2007. I turned 14 in April.
now I am SkateUK Gold (not sure, but I think this is about USFS 3 or 4, as I can do some of the elements in USFS 4, but not all in 3) but also working on the loop and flip which are above my level.

sk8_4fun
06-22-2007, 01:11 PM
I'm 39, started skating 15 months ago, and I'm working on level 1 Feild Moves, compulsary dances and freedance. I am only on Passport Silver for free skating (about USFS 3ish)

blackmanskating
06-22-2007, 01:19 PM
I'm 24 started skating at age 23. I am ISI FS 5. I just recently became of member of USFSA so I haven't tested under their system. If all goes well, I will be Adult Gold level to compete at Nats in '08. I'm so excited I can barely contain myself. I'm going to meet so many different skaters. Skating has isolated me somewhat so I am looking forward to meeting new people. 8-)

BlackManSkating

flying~camel
06-22-2007, 02:10 PM
I'm 28 years old, starting skating when I was 13 (took 5 years off for college) and currently skate at the Adult Bronze level (though working on moving up to Silver after next season).

Morgail
06-22-2007, 03:24 PM
Started at age 3 (so my mom tells me), stopped at 17, started again at 26.
Currently, I'm 28 and am USFSA Adult Bronze and ISI FS 4.

herniated
06-22-2007, 04:38 PM
I am 43, I started skating at 7 years old (group lessons only, then quit after a year). Started skating again at 28. Now I am ISI FS 5 and USFSA Adult Silver!

FLskater
06-22-2007, 04:55 PM
I'm 40, started skating around when I turned 36. I'm working towards eventually testing USFSA Adult Pre-Bronze. Never skated as a child - and I SO wish I did!

emkayy
06-22-2007, 05:07 PM
I'm 16, started at 15, and my coach says I'm around USFSA FS 2. My new skates come in 3 weekss so I will finally be able to start working on the flip and lutz. :)

dippytrout27
06-22-2007, 05:49 PM
I'm 41, started skating at 41 although had previously been a few times and could skate forwards quite comfortably. Have passed Skate UK Levels 1-10 but not very confidently!

twokidsskatemom
06-22-2007, 06:09 PM
me............ no level just skate for fun
my son age 6 ISI4 competes, Non test usfsa
My daughter just turned 8 pre pre fs competes pre pre with axel, prelim moves, taking pre juv moves in sept.Know first 4 dances, competes in solo dance is both ISI and USFSA but hasnt tested USFSA dance yet.Loves to compete !
My son started at age 3 but didnt take things more serious till the last year or so. My daughter started at age 3 3/4. They both pretty much love the ice.

MusicSkateFan
06-22-2007, 06:30 PM
40yr Guy Started at 37. Silver MIF and Freestyle passed in Jan '07. I have competed in two Nats at two different levels. The first was very successful, the second a complete disaster! Concentrating on Gold MIF now and a new Free Program. Keeping the Music under wraps.......well my close friends may know!

WhisperSung
06-22-2007, 06:50 PM
I'm 23. Started skating when I was 7 and testing when I was 14. Quit at 16 and came back a few years later as an adult skater.

I've passed Novice Moves and Intermediate Freestyle. Taking Junior moves and Novice freestyle on Sunday. :)

Scarlett
06-22-2007, 09:30 PM
I'm 30. Started skating at 26. ISI FS 2. USFSA Pre-Bronze.

jazzpants
06-23-2007, 12:52 AM
USFSA Adult Bronze FS, started skating at age 9... ended at age 12. Came back at age 31 and I'm now 39!!!

Mrs Redboots
06-23-2007, 04:55 AM
I'm 54, started skating at the age of 41 or so. Progress has been slow.... have NISA Level 1 Bronze free dance, Level 2 Bronze Skating Moves and Level 3 Bronze compulsory dances. Husband, now 56, has Level 3 Bronze Skating Moves and also has Level 1 Bronze Elements and Level 1 Bronze Free, as well as the Level 1 Bronze free dance and Level 3 Bronze compulsories.

Derek
06-23-2007, 07:04 AM
Started about 20 months ago, now aged 52. Completed the UK LTS programme, and have just started private lessons to take the UK Passport Bronze ...

SynchroSk8r114
06-23-2007, 11:04 AM
I am 21 years old. I began skating at 8 years old. I've always skated USFSA and my levels are:
freestyle: Intermediate
dance: Pre-Gold/Gold

I passed my Senior MIF back in 2005. :D

Raye
06-23-2007, 11:06 PM
52 and I came back to skating three years ago...

Many years ago I skated as a young adult from age 17 to 22.

I am at the Skate Canada Junior Bronze level.

Paulie86
06-24-2007, 10:34 AM
I'm 20. Started skating when I was about 14 and quit when I 17. I came back to skating at the beginning of Feb 2006. I'm now waiting to take my preliminary test (tests are few and far between AND have limited spaces here in Australia!) and am working on Elementary 1.

altamaleskater
06-24-2007, 01:31 PM
Started at age 34 (yes that's right!), and am waiting to get tested for prelim. dances. Also working on prelim. FS.

Skates
06-24-2007, 03:54 PM
Hi im new to the forums,
I've been skating since December 06 so 7 months and ive completed the UK learn to skate levels 1-10 and landed my loop, salchow, cherry flip, and waltz jumps. ive actually taken a look a bronze silver and gold and have completed most of those elements. so im around gold levels. i started skating at 15 and now im 16. i think ive made pretty good progress.

Charlotte

WhisperSung
06-24-2007, 04:43 PM
Just thought I'd update my test status on the threads I posted in earlier. . .passed my Junior moves today on the first try! Novice Free was a bit of a splatfest, so we'll be trying that again some other time. 8-) One more moves test to go and I'm done!

kateskate
06-24-2007, 04:59 PM
Just thought I'd update my test status on the threads I posted in earlier. . .passed my Junior moves today on the first try! Novice Free was a bit of a splatfest, so we'll be trying that again some other time. 8-) One more moves test to go and I'm done!

Congratulations! :bow:

kateskate
06-24-2007, 05:03 PM
I started skating at 21. I'm now 27. I skate in the UK so these are NISA tests (I have tests for most disciplines - only missing pairs! lol):

Free programme: Level 3
Free skating elements: Level 3
Field moves: Level 6
Compulsory dance: Level 6
Free dance: Level 5
Original dance: Level 4
Synchro: Preliminary

I think I am equivalent of US adult silver FS but not sure about dance.

BatikatII
06-24-2007, 05:51 PM
I started at 37 and am now 45 (aaarrrggghhhh! when did I get that old!?)

Have flitted between dance and free and back again and do both discipines now.

NISA tests (UK)

Free skating: free programme - level 1 (am hoping to take level 2 soon)
elements - level 1 (will take level 2 when I can get a consistent backspin (my current nemesis))

Field moves - interbronze = new level 4

Dance:
compulsories: level 2
variation: level 1
free dance: level 3

Hope to do level 4 free dance, level 3 compulsories and level 2 variation sometime this year (probably after adult championships in September)

Mrs Redboots
06-25-2007, 03:57 AM

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u215/krross2001/congratulations-4.jpg

Thin-Ice
06-25-2007, 04:57 AM
Deleted on purpose!

littlerain
06-28-2007, 11:38 PM
I'm glad to see so many adults here! I'm excited to be a part of this forum. :-)

I'm 20 now, and started back at group lessons a few weeks ago. I have NO idea where I am, lol. I skated in group lessons when I was 12 for about a year and was in ISI FS1 when I stopped. I wish I didn't stop... and I wish I practiced when I was a kid! Lol

littlerain
06-28-2007, 11:39 PM

Great job!! :-)

skatergal
06-29-2007, 12:22 PM
I started figure skating when I was about 9, but I played hockey before that, and now I an 12. I am on USFSA pre-juv MITF, and I compete in no-test. In ISI I am technically on FS 5 because I havn't landed my axel yet, but my coach said I could take FS 6 because I can do everything else in FS 5.

sceptique
06-29-2007, 01:03 PM
I'm 34, started about 2.5 years ago. I have NISA Level 1 (Moves, Elements & Free), and judging by my latest competition results I haven't overgrown that level yet. So I'm happy to hang on there for a while.

icedancer2
06-29-2007, 01:10 PM
I just turned 53 and have been skating since I was 6. Skated seriously from about 8 and quit at 14. Came back seriously again when I was about 34 and haven't looked back.

Test-wise:

Silver Dance
Pre-Bonze Moves
Adult Bronze Figures
1st Figure

Proving once again that length of time on the ice does not necessarily equal accomplishment. But I must say that I think I know quite a lot about skating, even if my body doesn't want to do it.

Never tested freestyle. They didn't have freestyle tests when I was a kid until you reached Novice, as an Adult I moved over to dance once I was able to land all of my singles again...:)

momsk8er
06-29-2007, 02:56 PM
Started skating at 12, stopped when I went to college. Passed 1st figure and Bronze dances back then. Started skating almost 2 years ago when my daughter got interested. I'm FS 4, still working on that loop jump after all these years. Also working on pre-Bronze moves. Age 54. Daughter is 12 and working on pre-juv moves and FS 6 (she's better than I ever was!)

xofivebyfive
06-29-2007, 04:19 PM
I started figure skating when I was about 9, but I played hockey before that, and now I an 12. I am on USFSA pre-juv MITF, and I compete in no-test. In ISI I am technically on FS 5 because I havn't landed my axel yet, but my coach said I could take FS 6 because I can do everything else in FS 5.
If you haven't landed your axel yet then you would be in FS4 because you need an axel to pass 5, or else I'd be in 5. In FS 6 you need a double salchow I believe.

Morgail
06-29-2007, 11:26 PM
In ISI I am technically on FS 5 because I havn't landed my axel yet, but my coach said I could take FS 6 because I can do everything else in FS 5.

If you haven't landed your axel yet then you would be in FS4 because you need an axel to pass 5, or else I'd be in 5. In FS 6 you need a double salchow I believe.

I think that's an ISI thing. We always used to say we were "on" or "in" a level when we were working on it but hadn't passed it yet. So if someone asked you what level you were, you'd say you were on FS 5, but if that person asked you what level you competed at, you'd say FS 4 (since that's the last level you passed). At least that's how it was at my rink.

Mrs Redboots
06-30-2007, 09:01 AM
I'm 34, started about 2.5 years ago. I have NISA Level 1 (Moves, Elements & Free), and judging by my latest competition results I haven't overgrown that level yet. So I'm happy to hang on there for a while.

You've improved enormously over the last year, though - you really have! You look _much_ more confident this year, I hardly recognised you as the same skater!

xofivebyfive
06-30-2007, 10:43 AM
I think that's an ISI thing. We always used to say we were "on" or "in" a level when we were working on it but hadn't passed it yet. So if someone asked you what level you were, you'd say you were on FS 5, but if that person asked you what level you competed at, you'd say FS 4 (since that's the last level you passed). At least that's how it was at my rink.
Oh, because I'm in ISI and I say I'm the level that I compete at, which is FS4. I don't say I'm in FS 5 because I haven't passed that test because I don't have an axel. But still, you can't say you're in FS6 if you don't have an axel.

Morgail
07-01-2007, 11:45 AM
Oh, because I'm in ISI and I say I'm the level that I compete at, which is FS4. I don't say I'm in FS 5 because I haven't passed that test because I don't have an axel. But still, you can't say you're in FS6 if you don't have an axel.

hmmm...perhaps the common understanding about what level you are "on" varies with the rink or geographical location then rather than with ISI vs USFSA. That's interesting. Maybe I'll start a new thread about this...

ETA: I do agree that you can't say you're in FS 6 without an axel. That doesn't make sense either way you look at it.

peanutskates
07-01-2007, 12:52 PM
you could say FS5/FS6...

twokidsskatemom
07-01-2007, 01:34 PM
you could say FS5/FS6...

She could I guess.But that really wouldnt be correct.
Here, they say what level they compete in, not what level they are working on. They always work above what level they compete in but they dont have all the elements.We dont have ISI group classes at higher levels, its all privates here.

liya_skatergirl
07-03-2007, 08:11 AM
Well, i got my first skating lessons as a christmas gift. I had four sessions with a coach when i was 14, but that was it since i didnt like him much, and i learned pretty much nothing. Then, I attended group lessons a year after, now under a new coach, and i was able to finish all required elements for the first level on my first day. So i moved on from there, but once school started, i had to stop, because we didnt have much time. this summer, i returned to the same coach at 16, I am in ISI Alpha, though i am doing moves for ISI Gamma. i'm pretty sure i want to continue this now

ScarlettRose
07-05-2007, 02:28 AM
I started skating when I was 11 in learn to skate classes and passed all the levels. Afterward I did private lessons and still am I'm currently a Juvenile skater in USFSA going into Intermediate. I'm 17 now.

doubletoe
07-05-2007, 12:29 PM

Wow, awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for me, I compete at Adult Gold level. I am 42 and started skating in group lessons at 27, but took 5 years off between the first 5 years and the second 5 years. I didn't get "serious" until 5 years ago, but then I got seriously hooked. I passed my PreBronze and Bronze tests in 2002, Silver in 2004 and Gold in 2005. It is SO nice not to be rushing to pass any tests now, LOL!

blackmanskating
07-05-2007, 02:35 PM

Congrats!!! Sounds Awesome!!!

Joan
07-06-2007, 09:59 AM
I am 55 and started skating at 41. I am at the adult Bronze level and hope to be Silver in about a year!

IceDancerxx
07-07-2007, 02:34 PM
What is your age and skating level (please list wether ISI or USFS as well please) Also what age did you start skating?

I'm 15 and I'm an Intermediate USFSA moves/Silver Dancer. I started when I was 8. But I did mostly freestyle. I started dance 2 years ago.

chowskates
07-08-2007, 04:57 AM
I'm glad to see so many adults here! I'm excited to be a part of this forum. :-)

I'm 20 now, and started back at group lessons a few weeks ago. I have NO idea where I am, lol. I skated in group lessons when I was 12 for about a year and was in ISI FS1 when I stopped. I wish I didn't stop... and I wish I practiced when I was a kid! Lol

Nice that you decided to come back. And don't worry, its never too late! :D

chowskates
07-08-2007, 05:04 AM
I started the year I turned 19... omg, can't believe that was 12 years ago!

Skating level varies depending on my mood... LOL... So, what did I pass, really?

MIF: USFS Prelim
Dance: USFS Bronze dances, ISI Dance 7
Freestyle: ISI FS6

I suppose that's about it...

DizzyDaisies
07-08-2007, 02:36 PM
im 16, i started skating at 15, im at skateUK Star Bronze in figure skating, (and doing some silver stuff :) )