View Full Version : I graduated from PT today!

sk8pics
06-18-2007, 04:37 PM
Okay, not really a graduation, but it was my last day of PT.8-) And my ankle hasn't hurt me since last week.8-) And on Friday I could stand on a bosu ball and toss a 2 lb ball at a trampoline backboard and catch it, 50 times in a row without losing my balance.8-) 8-) Today my main therapist had me standing on a foam pad on my left leg to toss the 2 lb ball and catch it, but this time sideways. 8O That was hard but it got easier. He showed me some things to do at the gym, commented on how my ankle feels great with just a bit of tightness in the front, showed me how to continue breaking down any scar tissue that remains. :)

So, that's that! It is hard to believe. I was really looking forward to this day but I have to admit I felt a little emotional as we hugged good-bye.

I am no longer on blood thinners either, so I can skate whenever I want. Probably will be the end of the summer before I feel strong enough and that I have enough flexibility in that ankle. But boy, I have come a long way!

I want to thank everyone for all their kind wishes and encouragement along the way, and for the help that some of you (you know who you are;) ) gave me in person, too.

herniated
06-18-2007, 05:51 PM
Congrats!!!! Glad you are feeling better!!

dbny
06-18-2007, 09:45 PM
Congratulations, Pat!!! Have you thought of venturing out on the ice to just skate around a bit, without trying anything tricky? That might help build your strength.

sk8pics
06-19-2007, 05:56 AM
Thanks! No, I'm not ready yet to get back on the ice. It's too hard to bend my knees without going up on my toes, left toe actually, and I can see a toe pick incident in my future in that case! I know what I have to do to get there, and I think it will take 2 or 3 months, but we'll see...

jazzpants
06-19-2007, 11:29 AM
YAAAAY! PAT!!!! The finish line is within your sights there! You WILL eventually be back on the ice... and I hope to see you at our next Christmas Meetup then!!! :D :P :twisted: :P :D (Just joking!!! No pressure!!! Take your time to get back on the ice!!!)

Petlover
06-19-2007, 11:45 AM
Congratulations Pat!!!!!

Mrs Redboots
06-19-2007, 12:05 PM
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u136/bleedinghART88/801101999_FC4EAC8C61009549A30C5D-1.gif

Yay!

sk8pics
06-20-2007, 01:31 PM
Thanks! Today I don't have any pain at all, not in my ankle and not in my foot (which had been hurting me).8O 8-) Progress, progress...

Team Arthritis
06-20-2007, 01:51 PM
Hurray!

I don't know about you but I keep going through cycles: I do my PT exercises at the gym religiously and everything is fine so I try a little more (Zumba class last night) and then OI the pain, so back to being careful. Hope you do better than that, I think I'm addicted, LOL
Lyle