View Full Version : That's All She Wrote...

quarkiki2
06-18-2007, 08:21 AM
Well, the inevitable has happened. Baby Quark has gotten my belly so big that getting my skates on for LTS this past Saturday was a full-out physical comedy sketch. So... no more on ice for me until after the bundle arrives in September. Kinda stinks because my balance has been fine and I LIKE being out there, but I was really darn glad that thee was no one in the coaches room while I was trying to lace my skates, LOL! I had every intention of finishing out the sesson (ONE more class), but our skating director just smiles and thanked me for being able to help out as long as I did.

I still plan to attend Synchro practices, but I'll be in the hockey boxes on not on the ice. No street shoes on the ice -- that seems about a thousand times dumber than skating during pregnancy, LOL!

Ah, well... I was still getting a nice rip on my edges, so hopefully, recivering post-partum won't bite for too long. Worst is that one's core strenght completely disappears because those muscles get so stretched out... I came back after Milo and will after baby girl, too...

Team Arthritis
06-18-2007, 08:24 AM
Nothing gives me the heebie jeebies worse than watching a very pregnant coach skate! So from all of us worry wort guys, thanks! May you skate through the rest of you pregnancy in a figurative way :):lol:
Lyle

Skittl1321
06-18-2007, 08:31 AM
You're awesome for doing that much! I thought our dance director was crazy for dancing all the way through her pregnancy, but skating is even crazier!

Mrs Redboots
06-18-2007, 10:14 AM
You have more sense than our own dear Coach2, who in her 2nd pregnancy skated until the Sunday, the baby arrived on Tuesday and on Friday she was back on the ice, holding another skater in the harness. I Said Things to her about that, but she swore blind she was just holding it until coach1 got there.... well, I believe her, thousands wouldn't!

Anyway, I do hope all goes well for you - please keep us posted, and let us know when your daughter arrives!

flo
06-18-2007, 10:37 AM
Some of my best coaching comes from coaches off the ice.
Take care, and rest up.

jazzpants
06-18-2007, 11:26 AM
Quark - Here's hoping for a smooth and uneventiful birth of your new bundle of joy!

And if it's anything, my secondary coach usually teaches me from the boards rather than on the ice and I STILL get a LOT of stuff from her b/c she's good at breaking down stuff to me.

herniated
06-18-2007, 12:20 PM
That's great you were on the ice for so long. :bow: I skated two months into my pregnancy and then stopped. The nausea and vomiting was so intense I spent more time hovering over the garbage can trying not to hurl than skating. :frus: So, I called it quits until after the baby was born. Then I got clearence to skate four weeks after delivery.

The abdominals are like jello. It's amazing how weak and stretched they become! I wore a velcro girdle (Like a corset) until they were strong again. I got fitted for it at a surgical supply place. Anyway, rest up and before you know it you'll be back on the ice!!