View Full Version : What is the reign Title of your coach from when they were a skater?

FSWer
06-14-2007, 11:39 AM
Say,I don't think this has ever been talked about. But,ok fokes.....I've asked you what YOUR reign (sorry if that is not spelled right) title is.....Now it's time to please tell me what the reign title of your COACH is? Please use the following format. My coach is a ____ Gold Medalist in whatever Discipline. If your coach did more then one Discipline. Please use the format for each Discipline.

Rusty Blades
06-14-2007, 12:06 PM
Don't know, never asked her. She can teach and that's what I care about.

jskater49
06-14-2007, 12:39 PM
Our former dance coach went to worlds as a junior I think. She's a very good coach as well...but...

I once partnered for a test with a fellow that also went to worlds....and he didn't know any of the lower level dances and finally one of the judges wrote on someone's dance test "we would like to see your partner test these dances!"

j

mdvask8r
06-14-2007, 12:40 PM
Gotta agree w/RB. Most important titles my coach holds are Champion at Getting Thru to ME, and Champion at Patience that I'll eventually get it.

SynchroSk8r114
06-14-2007, 01:00 PM
Dance coach has gone to several Nationals (years and years ago) and has coached other skaters at Nationals as well.

My freestyle coach was a medalists (can't remember if gold, silver, bronze) at a Synchronized Skating World Championship a few years ago and her team placed 9th at Synchro Worlds back in 2003!

Skittl1321
06-14-2007, 01:00 PM
I picked my coach because he has good technique, communicates well, and can act as a cheerleader (which is very important to me and my low self image).

He does have a title though, though I'm not sure what it is exactly. He's an Adult National Champion singles skater, though in exactly which category and exactly which years, I do not know. He'd be more than happy to tell you though, as he's quite proud of his accomplishments :)

phoenix
06-14-2007, 01:05 PM
My coach was a national champion, world medalist & olympian. :bow:

But I mainly like how he teaches & pushes me to work really hard. And takes me seriously, even though I'm just a lowly adult skater.

Mrs Redboots
06-14-2007, 01:17 PM
The credentials of coaches at our rink are displayed here (http://streathamicearena.co.uk/teachers.htm); you just click on the person's picture to find out. Do wish Coach1 didn't look quite so like a convict....

jazzpants
06-14-2007, 01:42 PM
My secondary coach came from a strong dance background. That's all I'm gonna say about her w/o given out her ID (at least not without me asking for her permission.)

My primary coach was a Championship Adult Gold Men champ at AN!!! :bow:

I did have a secondary coach for a couple of months that is an Olympian though... I had to give him up when I finally got a job so I can pay for him!!! :frus:

flo
06-14-2007, 01:49 PM
I didn't find out my coach's titles until I'd been with him for 5 years. He and his sister had quite a great career, and topped it off with a silver medal in world prof. pairs.

sceptique
06-14-2007, 01:53 PM
Mine is Junior Worlds Silver medallist in Ladies free skate

Summerkid710
06-14-2007, 02:13 PM
When I was a teenager, my coach was a former British national dance champion.

Clarice
06-14-2007, 02:41 PM
My coaches don't have any titles that I'm aware of, but my daughter's coaches over the years have included an Olympian in singles, an Olympian in dance, a World Champion in Pairs, and a world-level pairs skater.

Clare
06-14-2007, 03:09 PM
The credentials of coaches at our rink are displayed here (http://streathamicearena.co.uk/teachers.htm); you just click on the person's picture to find out. Do wish Coach1 didn't look quite so like a convict....

Aww, and my coach looks like the bundle of energy that he is :) I wish he'd update that picture though, he has a much better haircut now!!

Clare

techskater
06-14-2007, 03:35 PM
I picked my coach because he has good technique, communicates well, and can act as a cheerleader (which is very important to me and my low self image).

He does have a title though, though I'm not sure what it is exactly. He's an Adult National Champion singles skater, though in exactly which category and exactly which years, I do not know. He'd be more than happy to tell you though, as he's quite proud of his accomplishments :)

I know your coach he's a good friend of mine (if it's who I think it is in Iowa, anyway) - Championship Gold Men's Champion (several times), Championship Masters Bronze medallist (2006), Masters Novice Men's 4 Champion (2006-07) and Artistic Roller Skating World Silver Medallist (long, long ago)

icedancer2
06-14-2007, 04:04 PM
My primary coach is very cagey about her career - she will never mention titles she won or anything. I am sure she is a Gold medalist in figures and dance - in Canada. I know that her husband was a Canadian pairs skater and I believe (maybe) was on the World Team in Pairs - in the '50s - maybe even medalled.

My dance coach I believe competed Junior Dance at Nationals, or maybe just regionals.

In Boston my coach was a National Senior competitor in Dance. He was by far the best person I have ever skated with. I believe that he and his partner won the Karl Schaeffer Memorial trophy one year.

I'm wondering who Phoenix's coach is - National Champion, World Medalist and Olympian... in DANCE???? Hmmm (puts thinking cap on).

Okay, doubletoe, are you going to list your coach's credentials here or do I have to do it for you????????????:twisted:

kander
06-14-2007, 06:43 PM
My coach was a senior mens national champ (not sure how many times), world champ, and Olympic bronze medalist. I feel lucky to be able to work with him. It's also nice to have a coach who is older than I am (we compete to see who has more aching bones)

Jeanne D
06-14-2007, 06:49 PM
My coach was a senior mens national champ (not sure how many times), world champ, and Olympic bronze medalist. I feel lucky to be able to work with him. It's also nice to have a coach who is older than I am (we compete to see who has more aching bones)

I stole a move from him. I saw him pivoting around his arm and thought, that looks like waterskiing around buoys 1, 3 and 5 ... I can do that.

Thank you CT.;)

kateskate
06-15-2007, 01:41 AM
Dance coach was twice national champion in dance and competed at Worlds and Europeans.

Not sure about free skating coach. She has never said but I doubt she won anything major. Her husband was national mens champ (I think) and competed at Worlds Europeans and Olympics.

But they are great coaches, nevermind what they achieved in their own skating.

Thin-Ice
06-15-2007, 03:24 AM
I stole a move from him. I saw him pivoting around his arm and thought, that looks like waterskiing around buoys 1, 3 and 5 ... I can do that.

Thank you CT.;)

And that move is official known as a "T****** Spiral"... after him.

(T******* because you obviously don't want to use his name.)

A few years ago, when he was getting ready to go to AN and had been asked to perform in the Exhibition, he said he hadn't done those "for a while". So my coach challenged him to "try some". In about 5 minutes nearly EVERYBODY on the ice was doing them. It looked like some sort of weird performance-art modern-dance event!

tidesong
06-15-2007, 04:54 AM
The coaches at my rink have their profiles here:
http://www.fujiice.com.sg/schcoach.htm

I personally say that what titles they have don't bother me as long as they can teach me and deal with my various problems and fix them!!!

skaternum
06-15-2007, 05:48 AM
My primary coach always finished juuuust off the podium at US Nationals.

My secondary coach was World Bronze Medalist and 3-time national champion in pairs.

jazzpants
06-15-2007, 10:57 AM
The coaches at my rink have their profiles here:
http://www.fujiice.com.sg/schcoach.htm
Hey! Chowskates is on there too! WOO HOO!!! :bow: :bow: :bow: And I thought Mr. "Quad Axel (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DL7J79vm5BE)" (and new "carpet skater (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YLkredyqTE)") Mark Leung's a coach there too??? :lol: :P Or is he just another skater there?

sk8er1964
06-15-2007, 12:12 PM
My primary coach is currently competing at dance at the junior level, I think.

My secondary coach's title is "Mom". Literally. She's my mom! 8-)

When I took my dance test a few years ago, I partnered with an international level dancer. He was a dream to skate with.

blackmanskating
06-15-2007, 03:36 PM
My coach was a Junior National Medalist and a junior world competitior. He has since moved on to ice dancing and coaching due to injury.

skatergal
06-15-2007, 04:06 PM
My coach was some sort of national level pairs skater, but I don't what level.

FSWer
06-15-2007, 09:12 PM
Dance coach was twice national champion in dance and competed at Worlds and Europeans.

Not sure about free skating coach. She has never said but I doubt she won anything major. Her husband was national mens champ (I think) and competed at Worlds Europeans and Olympics.

But they are great coaches, nevermind what they achieved in their own skating.

A 2 time National Champion? COOL!!!!!

WeirFan06
06-16-2007, 01:36 AM
My secondary coach came from a strong dance background. That's all I'm gonna say about her w/o given out her ID (at least not without me asking for her permission.)

My primary coach was a Championship Adult Gold Men champ at AN!!! :bow:

Ditto for me for the above two coaches. Also, my ice dance coach and his partner are the national champions of the country they represent... though they don't exactly compete against anybody else (not much of an ice dance presence in that country). He's an awesome coach regardless, though :bow:

Petlover
06-18-2007, 11:34 AM
My coach was a national level ice dancer, and she rocks at getting things through my thick head :) !