View Full Version : Indy Challenge

littlekateskate
06-13-2007, 08:55 AM
Anyone heading to the indy challenger this year? Whats the deal with it. Isnt it supposed to be a pretty good event.

CanAmSk8ter
06-13-2007, 11:08 AM
Indy Challenge is the big annual event for pairs, where teams that weren't assigned an international can, if they skate well, be assigned one of the remaining spots. It's pairs-only, although some years they've done solo dance also. I competed in solo dance a few years ago and had a great time; if it's local for you, definitely go watch (although be warned- like any other competition, there will be some weaker teams competing at a higher level than they probably should be, and watching these teams in pairs requires a certain amount of fortitude).

phoenix
06-13-2007, 11:28 AM
They actually do offer regular dance events too (or at least did up to last year; haven't looked at the announcement this year), but almost no one goes because it's too close to Lake Placid. You might see a few new or young teams there who weren't ready for LP. The 2 comps used to be spaced farther apart, and then it was a pretty big dance comp too. Now, as CanAmSk8ter says, it's almost all pairs.

AdultPairSkater
06-13-2007, 02:48 PM
Hello :)

This year they have added an Adult Pair event. I am hoping to attend and participate with my partner. That would make three teams competing.

Cheers!

littlekateskate
06-14-2007, 07:39 AM
Thanks for the replies. I know of three teams that will be there and I am flying up to Indiana to visit with family anyway and wanted to get a chance to watch them skate.

Is it just seniors or will they have other levels as well>

phoenix
06-14-2007, 01:09 PM
Is it just seniors or will they have other levels as well>

They have all levels, down to the little cuties who kind of skate around hand in hand & call it pairs. :)