View Full Version : A question about boot size with blade~

Eniladnewg
06-10-2007, 08:31 PM
Dear friends
Hello~ everyone ,I live in a small island at Asia. There are some question need experience person to answer. I had pair of old boot and new blade(MK gold star 10 1/2) six month age. Yesterday, I saw new pair of GRAF boot( size8 ). But I don't know which rang of blade fit boot. May I buy it? Please give me some suggestion,thanks!
My foot is 26.5cm
Graf boot size 8
Blade size 10 1/2
Eniladnewg

dbny
06-10-2007, 09:08 PM
You need to know the measurement of the sole of the boot from the tip of the toe to the end of the heel. Blades should be 1/4 inch less than the boot measurement, but can be equal to it.

Eniladnewg
06-11-2007, 03:30 AM
Thanks your replay, I will check it.

SynchroSk8r114
06-11-2007, 09:20 AM
I wear a size 8 (women's custom lightweight Harlick) boot and my blade length (Cornation Comet) is 10 1/4. I'm not sure if this helps you out, but...good luck anyway!

Eniladnewg
06-11-2007, 09:27 PM
I think different vendor offer different series size boots. I compare with my old shoes(EDA) and Risport(my friends), even if they are different level.Their top and heel had different thick skin.Graf shoes is thin than above both. I don't see Harlick before, but I believe that it is not same thin/thick as those. I draw a sketch to show my opinion. http://www.wretch.cc/album/show.php?i=Phasor&b=117&f=1542756917&p=0http://www.wretch.cc/album/show.php?i=Phasor&b=117&f=1542756918&p=1
It' why I fear this disparity will influence jump、spin and all action.

doubletoe
06-11-2007, 10:43 PM
Eniladnewg,
Go back to the store where you saw the new boots and bring a ruler or measuring tape with you. Measure the length of the bottom of the boot. If the length is 27.3mm - 27.8cm, then you can use your size 10-1/2 MK Gold Star blades with those boots. Here is a size chart:
http://www.skatetrix.ch//MK-Wilson-Blades/MK-Wilson-size-E_index.html

dbny
06-11-2007, 10:57 PM
I think different vendor offer different series size boots. I compare with my old shoes(EDA) and Risport(my friends), even if they are different level.Their top and heel had different thick skin.Graf shoes is thin than above both. I don't see Harlick before, but I believe that it is not same thin/thick as those. I draw a sketch to show my opinion. http://www.wretch.cc/album/show.php?i=Phasor&b=117&f=1542756917&p=0http://www.wretch.cc/album/show.php?i=Phasor&b=117&f=1542756918&p=1
It' why I fear this disparity will influence jump、spin and all action.

You are right. You cannot rely on size when buying boots. You really have to be fitted properly by someone who knows how to do it. Try sending GRAF an email. Maybe they can tell you the correct size if you send them an outline of your feet.

Eniladnewg
06-12-2007, 03:05 AM
Thank you all. I wrote a mail to GRAF and ask for information about relation between boot to blade just now. :lol: Hope they can give us a good answer.

Eniladnewg
06-13-2007, 07:34 PM
Response by another website:

If your foot is 265mm, you would wear a Graf size 9. According to the Graf blade chart, a size 9 boot would take a 10 ¾” or 10.75” blade. Your 10 ½” blade would be too short. It would not fit the Graf boot. If you were fitted according to the shorter foot at 263mm, then you may be able to fit a Graf size 8.5 but it would be tight. Your 10 ½” blade would fit on that boot according to the Graf blade fit chart.

Oh-goodness me, I really hope my foot small than 263mm, then I can wear size 8.5 and use my favorite blade.
I ask for blade chart later.

By the way, there is no response from GRAF. I think they are too busy to answer me. ="=

SkatingOnClouds
06-14-2007, 03:35 AM
Good luck with it!

I wear Graf skates, and they are size 7 ( just a bit too long for me really). My MK Phantoms are 9 2/3 (they don't make 2/3 inch sizes anymore, and are just about right. But they fitted fine on my old Altamura (a discontinued Australian brand) boots which were size 8 1/2. It does vary a lot between brands.

doubletoe
06-14-2007, 12:04 PM
Response by another website:

If your foot is 265mm, you would wear a Graf size 9. According to the Graf blade chart, a size 9 boot would take a 10 ¾” or 10.75” blade. Your 10 ½” blade would be too short. It would not fit the Graf boot. If you were fitted according to the shorter foot at 263mm, then you may be able to fit a Graf size 8.5 but it would be tight. Your 10 ½” blade would fit on that boot according to the Graf blade fit chart.

The blade size is based on the length of the bottom of the BOOT, not the length of your foot! You must measure the boot to determine the correct blade size.

Summerkid710
06-14-2007, 02:27 PM
The skater gave me the length of his feet and asked what size Graf boot his existing 10 1/2" blade would fit. I then calculated what size Graf he would wear from those measurements. I used the Graf blade sizing chart to determine what blade length the boot would take.

Lastly, in a follow up email, I explained that it ultimately comes down to the length of the sole of the boot.

Hope this clears up the confusion on the process.

Summerkid710