View Full Version : Riedell hls 1500

Monique
06-09-2007, 09:29 AM
Hi everybody!
I'm very interested about this boots, so could someone tell me pros and cons about them please?
(I apologise for my English which is not good!!!)
Thanks!!! :bow:

FSWer
06-09-2007, 08:44 PM
Hi everybody!
I'm very interested about this boots, so could someone tell me pros and cons about them please?
(I apologise for my English which is not good!!!)
Thanks!!! :bow:

On the contrary....your doing very well Monique. Welcome aboard.

Virtualsk8r
06-09-2007, 08:59 PM
The Riedell 1500 is a great boot. It's been on the market for a couple of years and recommend it highly. The boot has a unique heel hugger tab on each side of the ankle - that the laces go through and ensures the heel stays put in the boot. There is also a criss-cross hook on the tongue where you cross over the laces and it stops the tongue from moving. the side vents in the toes look like gills but are very functional for allowing air to circulate around the toes.

If you order the 1500's - measure the heel height of your present boots as this model sometimes comes with a slightly lower heel. I had to send a pair of 1500's back to have the heels replaced as the skater couldn't adapt to the lower heel -- and yet her first pair of 1500's arrived with the higher heel.

Riedell is great about rebuilding these boots as well, which will happen if you are hard on your skates. Had one skater rebuilt her old boots to keep as spare pair when new ones arrived -- and switched to rebuilt boots just before nationals. Another skater managed to squeeze about 18 months out of her 1500's by rebuilding them.

These skates are lighter than many others and originally came with cork heels, which were great but have been replaced with leather.

Not much break-in for anyone I know in them. Usually doing double jumps first day out in them!

Hope this helps.

Monique
06-10-2007, 10:14 AM
Thank you so much! :D
In Italy no one has these boots, most of people wear Risport, Edea or Graf. Only few shops start selling Riedell's basic collection (as red ribbon, blue ribbon...) now.