View Full Version : NISA Freeskate & Dance Levels 1-10

blueangelajd
06-08-2007, 07:28 AM
Hi :D

I'm currently learning to skate through the skate uk programme and am on level 8 after 14 lessons. I am looking to start the skate UK passport scheme in August and I have a breakdown of the elements per level for that.

But...Does anyone have a breakdown of the elements required per NISA level? I understand the NISA levels 1-10 are the next step after the passport but I can't seem to find a breakdown of them anywhere.

Can anyone help me?!?!?

thank you :halo:

kateskate
06-08-2007, 07:45 AM
Here are a couple of links to posts on this

http://www.skatingforums.com/showthread.php?p=319153#post319153

http://www.skatingforums.com/showthread.php?p=317516#post317516

But those are just free and elements and compulsories requirements

You have tests in compulsory dance, variation/original dance, free dance, free skating elements, free programme and field moves for each level.

blueangelajd
06-08-2007, 12:10 PM
Wow, thanks kateskate. :bow: I'm fairly new to all of this and am hugely eager to learn and your info has really helped me understand what is required for the first 5 levels. I just can't wait to learn it all though I suspect it'll take me a while.

If you know anymore about UK adult skating (I'm 30) that would be good.

Mrs Redboots
06-10-2007, 08:26 AM
Hi, and welcome.

There is a large, and friendly, adult skating community here in the UK.

We don't have a separate adult scheme - you have to take the same tests as everybody else. There are Adult Championships, in October (although this year they have faffed about with the requirements so much that I don't know anybody who is actually going!), and plenty of other adult competitions, most notably Bracknell Adult Open at the end of this month (if you can make yourself free, you might like to come and watch on one or both days), and, of course, many of us go to the European adult Opens in May and June.

And there is also a Recreational Ice Dance League, with its own competitions and social scene (and quite a significant amount of crossover with the various Opens). And, of course, people who just skate for fun with no thought of testing or competing.

dooobedooo
06-10-2007, 09:12 AM
Deleted - double post

dooobedooo
06-10-2007, 09:16 AM
You should consider joining the National Ice Skating Association of the UK which has a website at www.iceskating.org.uk . There are some details of UK competitions etc. up there, but they also publish a quarterly newspaper for members. There is also some information at www.bita-uk.com .

It is likely that your rink's club may run some low level adult club competition that you could enter - ask at the box office for details of club organisers. They will also be able to inform you on any dedicated club or adult ice times at your local rink - for example ice dance club or figure club.