View Full Version : Best Coaches in USA

littlekateskate
06-05-2007, 11:26 AM
Sorry, I am bored...

If you could coach with or pick any coach out there for you child.. Who would you pick? Where are the coaches located??

jskater49
06-05-2007, 12:42 PM
I've actually been pretty happy with the two coaches we've had. I wouldn't trade them even for someone famous.

j

Logan3
06-06-2007, 10:34 AM
That is a hard question since I know some of those coaches credentials and how they look but I have no idea of their perosnalities. Some months ago my daughter had the oportunity to take a class from a famous local coach. I was not happy at all. He was so full of himself and it made it look like you as a parent had to workship him or something. I fell very uncomfortable. Anyway I could never afford him so it was not an issue.
Just to put some names I like Brian Orser (no idea how he works but he looks cool) and Tom Zakrajsek's team (I like the fact that is a team and not just one guy).

sarahmom3
06-06-2007, 12:15 PM
I know there are many wonderful coaches. My DD has loved all of coaches, even in her learn to skate classes. Her favorite? She had a chance to work with Frank Carroll a few times and totally loved him. I loved watching him take her by the hand while he talked to her. She had a wobbly back scratch spin he perfected in one 20 minute session and it made such a difference in her skating. So she would vote for Frank Carroll, and I would too. A truly wonderful man.