View Full Version : Figures

Clarice
06-05-2007, 07:59 AM
I just acquired a scribe on eBay, and am planning to start learning figures with a goal of eventually testing. I know there are people on this board who do them - can any of you tell me where I can get a copy of the tests and patterns? I'd especially like to hear from folks in the Chicago area, since I can get there easily and could confer with you about eventual test sessions.

manleywoman
06-05-2007, 08:45 AM
I'm in Chicago and do figures (3rd test). I had an old rulebook. I know others have said that they are available in pdf form on the USFS site. Can anyone direct Clarice to that area?

Joan
06-05-2007, 10:01 AM
http://www.skatingforums.com/showthread.php?t=21693
According to icsk8nyc:
"When "Compulsory Figures" were eliminated from competitions, the USFSA removed that section of their Rulebook as well.
It is still available (no charge AFAIK) from the USFSA via email request - it's sent as a PDF document."

Clarice
06-05-2007, 10:28 AM
Thanks for the responses so far, folks! I will definitely send in a request to USFSA - does anybody know to whom I should direct it? Otherwise, I'll just send a general request - they're pretty good about forwarding things to the right people. I had done a search of their web site, but couldn't find anything.

icedancer2
06-05-2007, 10:59 AM
If you have trouble with getting it through the US Figure Skating, I can make you a copy and send it through the mail. I got mine when they sent it with my rulebook a couple of years ago... I don't know if anyone else got it, though!

I hope you can work with a coach who knows figures (I assume you are).

Good luck and have fun doing figures. I LOVE it (although I'm not that good at it, maybe hoping to take Adult Silver SOMEDAY!)

techskater
06-05-2007, 11:18 AM
Thanks for the responses so far, folks! I will definitely send in a request to USFSA - does anybody know to whom I should direct it? Otherwise, I'll just send a general request - they're pretty good about forwarding things to the right people. I had done a search of their web site, but couldn't find anything.

Mickey Brown and Laura Fawcett are really good at hunting the right people down.

manleywoman
06-05-2007, 12:21 PM
Who is teaching you figures in Chicago? Which rink? I'm at Northbrook in the early mornings. They are very generous with me and patch time.

Clarice
06-05-2007, 02:20 PM
Hi, Manleywoman -
I'm in Iowa, but my folks are in Glenview and my coach is originally from Skokie. I know the Northbrook rink - my daughter and I have competed there before. I could easily show up there sometime when I'm in visiting family, or stay with them if I wanted to come in for something skating-related.