View Full Version : Coaches Training for working with Adult Skaters

rlichtefeld
06-04-2007, 08:42 AM
I was asked a question from one of the skaters in Estonia. Their coaches were wanting to know if I knew of any training camps or courses for coaches working with Adult Skaters.

I told her that I didn't know of any, but that I would inquire here, ask my coach, etc.

One option that I suggested was for a coach or coaches to accompany a skater to one of the Adult Camps, and watch and ask questions.

Anything else anyone can think of?

Thanks.

Rob

sceptique
06-04-2007, 10:02 AM
Rob -

at some point The International School of Skating (http://www.internationalschoolofskating.co.uk) are planning to organize iceFitness training camp for coaches. iceFitness is the programm that ISS is developing as a kind of franchise and it's targeting adult beginner skaters (www.ice-fitness.com).
I'm not sure about timing or format yet... it's still all in drafts and bits and pieces...

It will be drawing on the experience of working with pilot iceFitness groups in West Midlands and Manchester (the second one was just launched a few days ago, the first one is starting its fourth month...

Maybe we'll do it early next year, just before the next wave of "Dancing-on-Ice-Mania" comes.

flo
06-04-2007, 11:28 AM
I think my coach attended some seminars - I'll ask.