View Full Version : Montreal rinks?

LibraJen
06-03-2007, 09:45 AM
Hi I live in London, UK and I've got into the habit of skating at least 3 or 4 times a week. I'm going to Montreal for nearly 3 weeks at the end of this month and wondered if anyone can tell me where there's a rink open that I can use if I bring my skates with me? I lived there for a while so I know the city pretty well but it was before I started skating again so I don't really know where the rinks are. I know there's one at 1000 de la Gauchetiere - are there any others? I will be staying near the Plateau. I've had a look on Google and the only ones I've come up with seem to be closed for the summer :giveup: If anyone can advise as to where there any year-round rinks I'd be very grateful. If you happen to know the pricing as well that would be useful too.

Jen

Skatinglover
06-03-2007, 10:41 AM
Hi Jen, I'm from Montreal so i know a few rinks are open this summer, but because there are not a lot, you have to be registered to skate there. if you really want to skate, 1000 de la gauchetiere would be a good place to go because they allow people to do figure skating in the middle of the rink if there is not to many people that it becomes dangerous for the other skater. if ever you wanted other informations on rinks here is the link of montreal's skating assosiation... it's all in french but maybe you could go to google to translate it if you don't understand. Hope it's gonna help you. If you have any other questions just PM me

http://www.patinageartistiquemontreal.com/

LibraJen
06-03-2007, 10:46 AM
Oh thank you so much for that I will check out that link.

I spent my time in Montreal learning French so hopefully I will understand it!

Jen