View Full Version : Discipline/Competition/Level/Placement

FSWer
06-01-2007, 07:58 PM
Ok skaters. What I would love to know from you today is....what Discipline you are,what Competition you most resently competed in,what level you competed at,and what you placed in the competition? If you do more then one Discipline,and competed resently in more then one Discipline...please name all of the above for each Discipline you competed in.

jskater49
06-01-2007, 11:04 PM
My last competition was in March at Adult Midwesterns in pre-bronze adult freestyle and prelim dance and pre-bronze dance and I came in last in everything :bow: :bow: but I skated about as well as I could (except for the Rhythm Blues where I muffed up my step behind)

Next week I'll compete in Quad Cities in adult pre-bronze spins, jumps (ha that will be a joke) and free style and I expect to come in last again but I plan to keep my head up and smile!

j

chowskates
06-01-2007, 11:22 PM
Ok skaters. What I would love to know from you today is....what Discipline you are,what Competition you most resently competed in,what level you competed at,and what you placed in the competition? If you do more then one Discipline,and competed resently in more then one Discipline...please name all of the above for each Discipline you competed in.

Discipline? Umm... undisciplined - currently skate singles, used to dance and sometimes play around with pairs

Recent competitions? I just got back from two...

Vana Tallinn Trophy in Tallinn, Estonia
- Gold freestyle placed 3rd
- pairs placed first 8O

ISU Adult Competition in Oberstdorf, Germany
- Gold ladies freestyle placed 5th ;)

jazzpants
06-01-2007, 11:49 PM
Oh, geez! I haven't competed in a while... in fact, I don't compete that much...

I'm pretty much a freestyle skater. Have been taking a bit of a hiatus to finally become eligible for Adult Nationals and have yet to make my Bronze Ladies FS debut yet!

Pacific Coast Adult Sectionals 2006
Pre-Bronze Ladies FS III-V: 2nd :D

Skate San Francisco 2005
Pre-Bronze Ladies FS III-V: 1st!!! 8O :mrgreen:

Raye
06-02-2007, 01:37 AM
I kind of overdid things to the max when I went to Halloween Classic last November. I entered into eight events and medalled in five of them. I got to Philadelphia three days early so I skated six practice ice sessions on each of the three days. (18 hours of practice ice - I thought I'd died and gone to heaven!!) I entered Bronze Solo-dance, Interpretive, Bronze Free-skate, Bronze MIF, Bronze Compulsory moves, Improvisation, Bronze Spins and was on a Bronze team with four other wonderful skaters that post on this forum. (It was on this forum that we all decided to make up a team for the event)

At the BC Adult's in Kamloops in February, I entered 7 events, and at Canadian Adult Nationals I did three.

I tend to go through the entry announcement and tick off everything that I think I would like to try. I even learned the Hickory Hoedown for the Halloween Classic, even though it is not a Canadian dance (Screwed up royally though - halfway through I changed to the Willow for a few steps - then realized what I was doing so I switched back!!! :oops: ;) )

And I was at Skate San Fransisco in 2005 and saw Jazzpants win her GOLD MEDAL!!!!!!

Sessy
06-02-2007, 05:40 AM
You know, FSW, just something funny I noticed.

The FSW is our Faculteit Sociale Wetenschappen (faculty of social sciences) and they constantly hold surveys across the campus among students for their research projects. And you're constantly holding surveys too.
I wonder if it's the name? :D

xofivebyfive
06-02-2007, 08:40 AM
I'm a singles skater. Um, my last (and first) competition was in Lake Placid in January of this year, and I skated at FS2(although I should have been at FS4 but my coach was like, "well for your first competition I want to ease you into competing. :roll: " and it was way too wasy for me, so I didn't really try very hard, and I got 2nd in the freestyle event and 1st in the artistic event.

But next competition I'll be competing at FS4 or PrePreliminary. Depends on whether its an ISI or USFSA comp.

southernsk8er
06-05-2007, 11:12 AM
I skate singles, and I just did my first competition on Saturday, July 2nd. I skated Pre-Bronze because I didn't complete my test before the entry form was due. There were only 2 people, and I won. Next competition I'll be skating Bronze.

IceAngel
06-05-2007, 01:05 PM
Hey, I'm a singles skater. My last competition was in March. I did a freeskate 1 program, a compulsory moves program, and I was on a maneuver team. I got fifth place in both the freeskate 1 and compulsory programs. Our maneuver team got first place! 8-)